LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

If the Vikings Move to LA, Will We See Realignment?

Shop 49ers game tickets
that would be a shame; they have tons of crowd support. i don't want to play against a Los Angeles Lightning
I seriously doubt the Vikings move to LA. Now, the team that makes the most sense is Jacksonville. They would go from one of the smallest markets to the 2nd largest market in the country.

If Jacksonville did move to LA there would have to be reallignment eventually. Geographically the one that makes sense to me is.............

Jacksonville moves to AFC West and becomes the LA Jags..
Kansas City moves to AFC Central (last I checked KC isnt the West)
Pittsburgh moves to AFC East
Miami moves to AFC South

It wont happen because teams want to preserve their long time rivalries ( which is why Dallas is in NFC East) but it would make the most geographic sense.
Vikes will swap divisions with Rams, it's the most likely scenario if this move was ever to happen.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Another 40% were in north county.

So if they moved to LA they wouldn't even lose many season tix holders.
where is it???
They prolly joing the Big 12
I wouldn't mind swapping out the Rams to eliminate that time change road game.
Back at the end of the 90's, when realignment was coming up, I had hopes that the 49ers might get moved to the AFC West. Nothing would please me more than watching our beloved team get the best of Dallas and Green Bay on the biggest stage of all. In fact, I pretty much hate every club in the NFC. f**k em all.

However, in light of the franchise s**tting itself for the better part of the last decade, I'm glad we're stuck right where we are...in the NFC Worst. At least that will bring about the best chance for a return to....something.
[ Edited by zillabeast on Feb 20, 2011 at 10:35 PM ]
Vikings are purple and gold, so are the lakers
Vikings are in the minnesota area, the lakers came from the minnesota are
Vikings will be the next lakers
The Los Angeles Football Lakers
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Either move the Jags to LA or move the Chargers up close to LA. Chargers is easier.

Absolutely on those two teams. The Vikings have been around since the early 60s and have a heck of a backing by Fans. The literal Vikings would butcher Wilf if he attempted this move.

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Either move the Jags to LA or move the Chargers up close to LA. Chargers is easier.

Absolutely on those two teams. The Vikings have been around since the early 60s and have a heck of a backing by Fans. The literal Vikings would butcher Wilf if he attempted this move.

I don't think they would notice the Jaqs are missing in Jacksonville.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Getting a new stadium built in the Minneapolis area will face the same kind of political opposition that the 49ers face in SF - a lot of side projects for low-income housing, etc., that will be tagged to the deal. Minne is another very liberal area that will by unlikely to provide any public funding for a sports team.

However, this is likely posturing by Wylf to put pressure on the community to come up with some cash and/or incentives to stay.

I live in Minneapolis, and we've been able to get two stadiums built in the past 5 years.

Do you get off by repeatedly using the term "liberal"? My liberal mayor in Minneapolis actually supported public funds and a tax increase for stadium financing including Target Field, the new Twins stadium.

The fans want a new stadium, and they'll be willing to pay part of it, too. The Metrodome is as useful as a broken condom these days. In fact, that's a perfect analogy since the reservoir tip popped on the dome.

Ideally, the Vikings should play in TCF Bank Stadium (home of the Gophers stadium) for a few years, and they should tear down and rebuild the metrodome. Perfect location as its near downtown, light rails, bus stops, and near the UMN campus.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Add Vikings to NFC West

Add Rams to NFC North
Originally posted by jrg:
Add Vikings to NFC West

Add Rams to NFC North

We'd officially have the worst QB division in NFL history
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by jrg: