LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

2010 MVP Watch

Shop 49ers game tickets

2010 MVP Watch

Originally posted by boast:
Peyton Hillis

that would be interesting. They would need to win a bunch more games though. He is really having a great year, but you know they like for the MVP to at least make the playoffs.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Peyton Manning. Without him, that team would be 2-14. They can't run the ball, they can't stop the run, they're riddled with injuries, they play in a tough division. Without Manning, they would have been long out of the playoff discussion.

But I do think Rivers is very deserving as well and voted for him in this poll. San Diego is much better, talent wise, than Indy, , but with the numbers that Rivers is putting up with a revolving cast of WR's, he is a having an MVP caliber season--especially if he breaks Marino's record.

I have a feeling that Peyton won't win it this year because its a down-year numbers wise for him and the Colts are not the dominant team we've come to expect and he's already won it 4 times, but if you think about what "MVP" means, it has to be Manning. There are other great players having great years, so it won't be a robbery when Manning doesn't win it, but he is hands-down the most irreplaceable player in the league and he has been pretty much his entire career.

Rivers doesn't have much of a running game, Rivers is throwing to some guy named Ajiritotu, while Manning has had Reggie Wayne all season. The Chargers are nothing without Rivers and oh by the way Rivers QB rating is 14 points higher than Mannings.

Rivers has thrown more yards/game, has more TD's, less INT's and a better completion % and finally Rivers did beat Manning in Indianapolis.

true, but he also has the #1 ranked D. I think Rivers is very deserving, for all the reasons you pointed out, as is Brady, for reasons similar to both Manning and Rivers, and there are some other guys who have strong cases. Holmes is an interesting choice and you could really make the argument that he has won 4 or 5 games for the Jets more or less by himself. And I don't know what the Chargers record would be without Rivers--not as good, certainly--but without Manning the Colts would be looking at a top ten pick this year. If I were voting, and voting only on the guy who is most irreplaceable to a team, then it would have to be Manning.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Peyton Manning. Without him, that team would be 2-14. They can't run the ball, they can't stop the run, they're riddled with injuries, they play in a tough division. Without Manning, they would have been long out of the playoff discussion.

But I do think Rivers is very deserving as well and voted for him in this poll. San Diego is much better, talent wise, than Indy, , but with the numbers that Rivers is putting up with a revolving cast of WR's, he is a having an MVP caliber season--especially if he breaks Marino's record.

I have a feeling that Peyton won't win it this year because its a down-year numbers wise for him and the Colts are not the dominant team we've come to expect and he's already won it 4 times, but if you think about what "MVP" means, it has to be Manning. There are other great players having great years, so it won't be a robbery when Manning doesn't win it, but he is hands-down the most irreplaceable player in the league and he has been pretty much his entire career.

Rivers doesn't have much of a running game, Rivers is throwing to some guy named Ajiritotu, while Manning has had Reggie Wayne all season. The Chargers are nothing without Rivers and oh by the way Rivers QB rating is 14 points higher than Mannings.

Rivers has thrown more yards/game, has more TD's, less INT's and a better completion % and finally Rivers did beat Manning in Indianapolis.

true, but he also has the #1 ranked D. I think Rivers is very deserving, for all the reasons you pointed out, as is Brady, for reasons similar to both Manning and Rivers, and there are some other guys who have strong cases. Holmes is an interesting choice and you could really make the argument that he has won 4 or 5 games for the Jets more or less by himself. And I don't know what the Chargers record would be without Rivers--not as good, certainly--but without Manning the Colts would be looking at a top ten pick this year. If I were voting, and voting only on the guy who is most irreplaceable to a team, then it would have to be Manning.

Both the Colts and Chargers are 6-5, take Manning and Rivers out of those teams and they are both probably 2-9 or 3-8. Also keep in mind that San Diego's Special Teams have literally cost them a game or two. 5 blocked punts if im not mistaken.

Both the Colts and Chargers are 6-5, take Manning and Rivers out of those teams and they are both probably 2-9 or 3-8. Also keep in mind that San Diego's Special Teams have literally cost them a game or two. 5 blocked punts if im not mistaken.

both guys are deserving. I'd give it to Manning personally, but I don't think Rivers would be the "wrong" choice.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Brady
  • dman
  • Veteran
Rivers!
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Are you talking about Santonio Holmes?

this

ya I just threw him in there just for fun. Doesn't he have something like 3 game winning TD catches?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Matt Bryant.
well, with the Manning Meltdown in full-swing, I'll eat some crow and take back my MVP vote. Peyton is trying to do to much and it seems to actually be hurting the team rather than keeping it afloat. And with Rivers' perfect December streak snapped, he gets leapfrogged by Brady in my eyes. Brady is just playing insane right now.
Paul Gutierrez just said that if the Raiders make the playoffs then McFadden would be on the short list for MVP

The NFC west
VICK!
Matt Flynn
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Rivers or Brady or Vick
[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Dec 19, 2010 at 8:10 PM ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Vick
Share 49ersWebzone