LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

2010 MVP Watch

Shop 49ers game tickets

2010 MVP Watch

Who do you like for MVP. Vick has got a lot of press, I wish Rivers did more. I think Philly would still be a playoff team with Kolb, but with all of the Chargers injuries and holdouts I don't think they would be this good if Rivers wasn't the QB, that and he has a legit shot of being the greatest single season passer (yards) in NFL history.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Phillip Rivers
Originally posted by jrg:
Phillip Rivers

Much as I hate em, Rivers.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Gotta be a player that is 100% vital to a teams success.

Rivers or Brady
Troy
Peyton Manning. Without him, that team would be 2-14. They can't run the ball, they can't stop the run, they're riddled with injuries, they play in a tough division. Without Manning, they would have been long out of the playoff discussion.

But I do think Rivers is very deserving as well and voted for him in this poll. San Diego is much better, talent wise, than Indy, , but with the numbers that Rivers is putting up with a revolving cast of WR's, he is a having an MVP caliber season--especially if he breaks Marino's record.

I have a feeling that Peyton won't win it this year because its a down-year numbers wise for him and the Colts are not the dominant team we've come to expect and he's already won it 4 times, but if you think about what "MVP" means, it has to be Manning. There are other great players having great years, so it won't be a robbery when Manning doesn't win it, but he is hands-down the most irreplaceable player in the league and he has been pretty much his entire career.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Peyton Manning. Without him, that team would be 2-14. They can't run the ball, they can't stop the run, they're riddled with injuries, they play in a tough division. Without Manning, they would have been long out of the playoff discussion.

But I do think Rivers is very deserving as well and voted for him in this poll. San Diego is much better, talent wise, than Indy, , but with the numbers that Rivers is putting up with a revolving cast of WR's, he is a having an MVP caliber season--especially if he breaks Marino's record.

I have a feeling that Peyton won't win it this year because its a down-year numbers wise for him and the Colts are not the dominant team we've come to expect and he's already won it 4 times, but if you think about what "MVP" means, it has to be Manning. There are other great players having great years, so it won't be a robbery when Manning doesn't win it, but he is hands-down the most irreplaceable player in the league and he has been pretty much his entire career.

Too bad they give the most valuable player award to a player on a playoff team who has a good year statistically instead of giving it to the player who is most valuable to his team.

Agreed 100%.
David Carr

Love
-RonMexico
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Rivers doesn't have much of a running game, Rivers is throwing to some guy named Ajiritotu, while Manning has had Reggie Wayne all season. The Chargers are nothing without Rivers and oh by the way Rivers QB rating is 14 points higher than Mannings.

Rivers has thrown more yards/game, has more TD's, less INT's and a better completion % and finally Rivers did beat Manning in Indianapolis.

I am going Rivers, followed by Brady.

Rivers is flat out good.
Are you talking about Santonio Holmes?
Rivers
Vick
Originally posted by Youngone:
Are you talking about Santonio Holmes?

this
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Peyton Hillis
Share 49ersWebzone