There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Conversation on Sunday, Alex Smith vs. Aaron Rodgers

• ZRF80
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Anyone that thinks they can fairly compare the two is really dumb and very ignorant. Subtle enough?

I agree. Alex could have been our next Montana if Bill Walsh was still our coach, Mike Shanahan was still our OC, Rice and Taylor were our wideouts (with the stipend that TO be our number 3 guy), our backfield included Gore/Craig/Hearst, and our defense was just as good as the 2000 Ravens.

Since he didnt get those things, its not fair to call him a failure, since we cant accurately assess his capabilties.

Rodgers just got lucky, thats all...............
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Anyone that thinks they can fairly compare the two is really dumb and very ignorant. Subtle enough?

I agree. Alex could have been our next Montana if Bill Walsh was still our coach, Mike Shanahan was still our OC, Rice and Taylor were our wideouts (with the stipend that TO be our number 3 guy), our backfield included Gore/Craig/Hearst, and our defense was just as good as the 2000 Ravens.

Since he didnt get those things, its not fair to call him a failure, since we cant accurately assess his capabilties.

Add Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Phillip Rivers to that "lucky" list.
Name me some really good QBs who are playing for poor OCs, behind poor OLs, and with shaky receivers.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Name me some really good QBs who are playing for poor OCs, behind poor OLs, and with shaky receivers.

Peyton Mannning
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by excelsior:

Peyton Mannning

I'd make a stronger case for his father, Archie Manning.
Can't you guys give it a f**king rest for once?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Can't you guys give it a f**king rest for once?

This. We all know we made the wrong pick in '05; we all know the situation Smith was put into was terrible (he certainly isn't the only reason for the Niners failures). It's over, get over it and move on. He is with the team for another five weeks. Quit making excuses for him and quit criticizing him. Just stop. We have been over this a million times. I wish the Mods would start locking every Alex Smith thread.
This horse is still alive???
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Sorry, I forgot sarcastic.
Just for grins, I'll make my only post in the myriad of AS vs AR threads:

York + Nolan + Smith = 49ers set back 7 years

At least it's almost Christmas, and the Giants are World Series Champions!
Aaaaannnnnd yet another Alex Smith thread.

Let's just sum this whole thread up:
Susweel and co = Rodgers is god. Smith eats arse forever and ever.

Wodwo and co = It is what it is no need to drag it on. It wasn't that we made the wrong pick it's that Alex landed with the wrong team.

Ceaddarman and co= Alex is the next Jim Plunkett.

Blah blah blah.
Isn't Troy Smith starting? If so, then what does it matter about Alex Smith? Obviously the QB position will have to be examined after this season. Also, the coaching staff and a lot of players. I don't like Alex Smith, but you really can't compare the two. Smith went to a team that was the worst in the league. Rodgers went to a team with Favre. He didn't have to play right away. He got to learn from him. I can't say good things about Favre or the Peckers, since I despise both. The only thing that is odd is that the 49ers didn't go for the local guy in Rodgers. What's done is done. A lot of other teams passed on Rodgers also. Pray for a miracle on Sunday.
Even with the best coaching behind him, Alex doesn't hold a candle to Aaron
I wanted Aaron Rodgers from day one and was sooooo dissapointed when we selected Alex Smith....But i wonder if it was reversed and we would have gotten Rodgers would he had turned out like Alex? and Alex in Green Bay would have turned out to be good like Rodgers? But o well whats done is done and this week Smith will kick Green Bays ASS!!!!! Troy Smith FTW!
Originally posted by socal81:
Even with the best coaching behind him, Alex doesn't hold a candle to Aaron

yup. You can either make the throws, or you can't.