LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

James Harrison Fine Watch

Shop 49ers game tickets
The guy is up to $125,000 in fines. Not saying he deserves them all but Mike Tomlin should STFU. Coming from the son of a man who put 5 kids through college, its insulting that Tomlin tries to garner sympathy by talking about Harrison's kids' college prospects.

“I don’t care how much money you make. I take offense at times just in general how all of us talk about the money,” Tomlin told Alex Marvez and Rich Gannon on Sirius NFL Radio. “He’s got two kids. That’s some serious college schooling right there potentially for those kids 16, 18 years from now.” -Quote from PFT article linked above.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I agree with Tomlin. Those fines are bulls**t
Roger is gonna start following him around and fining him for not using his blinker.
Considering how little you get fined for getting in a fist fight, the Harrison fines are even more ridiculous now.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Considering how little you get fined for getting in a fist fight, the Harrison fines are even more ridiculous now.
All those fines are stupid. Don't hit high, don't hit low, don't take a running start at somebody, don't hit in the middle.

What are you supposed to do? Football is football. It's rough. People who play it know that. You might as well make it 2 hand touch lately with that they are trying to do.
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by King49er:

No kidding. Screw tackling someone, just pull off their hat and lump em up. Your wallet will be better off for it.

The NFL didn't suspend either of them 2 b/c the Texans are playing on the NFL network tomorrow. They actually said that suspending Johnson would put the Texans at a unfair disadvantage for their game this week. That makes no sense at all. If that game was on Fox, CBS, NBC, or ESPN Johnson would have been suspended. The NFL is so huge that they can blatantly contradict themselves and nobody will go after them b/c they scared of their wrath.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Not sure if you guys realize that the fist fight cost them just as much as Harrison's latest fine. $25,000.

I agree that Harrison is being highly scrutinized though but Tomlin can't make me feel sorry for his kids college fund.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Not sure if you guys realize that the fist fight cost them just as much as Harrison's latest fine. $25,000.

I agree that Harrison is being highly scrutinized though but Tomlin can't make me feel sorry for his kids college fund.

Harrison was fined $75,000 for his hit on Mohamed Massaquoi.
The NFL should just let guys play. As many helmet to helmet hits and concussions as possible, I say. Who cares if these guys' brains are mush in 15 years. More Mike Websters!
Originally posted by jojomellon:
The NFL should just let guys play. As many helmet to helmet hits and concussions as possible, I say. Who cares if these guys' brains are mush in 15 years. More Mike Websters!

I actually agree with the new emphasis on helmet-to-helmet hits and think the NFL is doing the right thing there. But I think its absolutely absurd that you can get fined three times as much for such a hit as for getting in a fist fight.
Share 49ersWebzone