LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Derek Anderson press conference

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
It has nothing to do with the press conference but this is the same guy that many 'zoners were pulling to join the 49ers when Alex first hurt his shoulder. He was terrible last night and has been all season long.

It is sad to see what has happened to this team since Warner retired. I like Whisenhunt. He is a good coach but you can't play the game without a QB.
The best part is that he got called out, tried to deny it (even though it's on video) and then realized he couldn't and retaliated by berating the reporter.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
The best part is that he got called out, tried to deny it (even though it's on video) and then realized he couldn't and retaliated by berating the reporter.

Anyone else think he sounded like Napolean Dynomite with an angry inflection? "I put everything into this!!!!! gosh!!!"
What a little b*tch!
Blog from the reporter:

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/108282
He is who we thought he was.
Honestly I thought the reporter was being a instigating dickweed.

[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Nov 30, 2010 at 12:20:51 ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Well its one thing to say, yeah I was laughing but it had nothing to do with the game or just say that its better to laugh than to be down. But Anderson straight up denied it, got defensive and said he doesn't have to tell him what he was talking about. Maybe he should've said that he cracked a joke or something.

Talk about being a d*ckweed. Talk about Young throwing us under the bus.....sounds like he is still pissed that we got shut out at home.

when your team is 3-7, down 18 pts at home on MNF against another 3-7 team, and your QB is playing like crap, and is seen on the sidelines laughing it up with another player, i dont think its out of line for a reporter to ask him "hey dude, you make millions, youre the leader of this offense, why are you laughing during this game?"

maybe the reason Derek Anderson is a crappy QB is because he likes to joke around when his team is getting blown out. you never see the great QB's laughing in those situations. theyre too busy being pissed off that their team is going to lose. if Anderson had shown that kind of anger and frustration during the game, he wouldnt be called out.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If you are going to lie about it, at least make it into something plausible. Say something like "He knew I was in a bad mood because of my performance at that point, and he cracked a joke to help me out, and I laughed. No big deal, nothing more to say about that"

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:

Well its one thing to say, yeah I was laughing but it had nothing to do with the game or just say that its better to laugh than to be down. But Anderson straight up denied it, got defensive and said he doesn't have to tell him what he was talking about. Maybe he should've said that he cracked a joke or something.

Talk about being a d*ckweed. Talk about Young throwing us under the bus.....sounds like he is still pissed that we got shut out at home.

The team is still a joke, Young must feel terrible watching this years 49er team. To go from Montana to Young to Garcia and then to utter crap.
Originally posted by GEEK:
If you are going to lie about it, at least make it into something plausible. Say something like "He knew I was in a bad mood because of my performance at that point, and he cracked a joke to help me out, and I laughed. No big deal, nothing more to say about that"

Yeah, it was obvious that Anderson knew he laughed, tried to backtrack but then dug himself into a deeper hole.

What you outlined would have probably been the best way to handle the situation.

-9fA
Local Channel pulls audio after his second sh it. It gets good at 2:12. LOL at the end.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Nov 30, 2010 at 18:30:17 ]

I like the reporters that ask the tough questions...
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Share 49ersWebzone