Finnegan vs Andre Johnson

Shop 49ers game tickets
That fight was funny!

and Finnegan deserved the a$$ whoopin!

[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Nov 29, 2010 at 09:44:28 ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Quote:
In the seconds before Sunday's ugly brawl between Tennessee Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan and Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson, Finnegan grabbed the attention of the Texans' sideline and shouted, "Watch this," according to the Houston Chronicle on Monday.

from nfl.com

Finnegan is an instigator... he should be suspended for several games. Everybody has a boiling point and he's always trying to find it.
Finnegan should be suspended and fined for inciting a fight (he clearly started it), and then failure to adequately put up a fight. He got his ass beat.

iLaughed.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Johnson is 1-0
Originally posted by baltien:
Finnegan should be suspended and fined for inciting a fight (he clearly started it), and then failure to adequately put up a fight. He got his ass beat.

iLaughed.

Inciting the fight? He actually didn't do anything wrong until AJ went apes**t and ripped his helmet off. He was blocking high in him. That's it. How is that inciting the fight?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to defend Finnegan. I think he's a douche, too. I just think AJ is getting a free pass on the blame because he's usually a good guy. Somebody playing rough with you in the game of football isn't going to win my vote just based on that.

Johnson f**ked up Pauly D's hair
Finnegan is scrappy and probably could fight a lot of WR's in the league, but pick a fight with one that much bigger than you??? He deserved to get his ass kicked. A.Johnson=beast.
baby blue is gay
Johnson>Finnegan

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by baltien:

iLaughed.

Inciting the fight? He actually didn't do anything wrong until AJ went apes**t and ripped his helmet off. He was blocking high in him. That's it. How is that inciting the fight?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to defend Finnegan. I think he's a douche, too. I just think AJ is getting a free pass on the blame because he's usually a good guy. Somebody playing rough with you in the game of football isn't going to win my vote just based on that.

There's playing rough and then there's just downright dirty. I'm guessing you missed Finnegan's block in the back on Johnson earlier in the game, and him damn near trying to knock AJ' head off after the snap (the fight occurred after the second time he did that). I don't know what football camp Corty has been attending but that is NOT how you jam a receiver off the line.

So yes while both we're in the wrong for taking it that far, Finnegan had it coming to him.
I have an issue with this situation.

Both players only got suspended $25 Gs and no suspensions.

That is a slap on the wrist. That is pocket change to them. They should be suspended at least 2 games each.

For all the rules changes mid season on big hits and improper tackling, to make it more safe for players....where are the big fines and suspensions for throwing down. I think its retarded and saying that it is ok to fight like that in the heat of the moment. Its not a good way for the kids to watch this and think that it would be ok for throw punches...they get enough exposure with MMA, and now to see this in football is wrong. These two guys should have been suspended.

My .02
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I have an issue with this situation.

Both players only got suspended $25 Gs and no suspensions.

That is a slap on the wrist. That is pocket change to them. They should be suspended at least 2 games each.

For all the rules changes mid season on big hits and improper tackling, to make it more safe for players....where are the big fines and suspensions for throwing down. I think its retarded and saying that it is ok to fight like that in the heat of the moment. Its not a good way for the kids to watch this and think that it would be ok for throw punches...they get enough exposure with MMA, and now to see this in football is wrong. These two guys should have been suspended.

My .02

For real. It makes no sense. Harrison gets $25K for a rough play during the course of a game. Johnson gets the same punishment for intentionally punching a dude in the back of the head. Makes no sense.

I actually can't call fights like this an ass whooping myself. Andre threw the first blows and then it was broken up. I have seen too many fights where the dude who gets in the first shots ends up getting obliterated now that the other dude knows what time it is.

I demand a rematch where it can't be broken up. Like at the park after school.

Share 49ersWebzone