There are 182 users in the forums

Trade for Safety

Shop 49ers game tickets
Would you trade a 2nd rounder for Colts safety Bob Sanders? Colts are probably experiencing fatigue with him since he gets injured every year. His most recent injury was a torn bicep.
Why would we trade for an injury proned safety? Personally I still think that Clements should be moved to Safety.
No. A 7th and I'm listening. He's missed like 10 games a year for like 4 years.
double-post

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Nov 28, 2010 at 22:30:04 ]
no considering we could've had earl thomas this year w/o giving up any picks...no....plus he's battled injury problems the last few seasons...not worth a 2nd rnd pick after so many injuries this early in his career...he's played in 1 gm in 2010, played in 2 games in 2009, 6 games in 2008, 15 in '07, 4 in '06, 14 in '05, and 4 his rookie season. Having only been able to stay healthy for 2 of his 6 seasons as a pro, there would be way more risk than reward in giving up an early rnd draft pick to aquire him
Originally posted by backontop:
Why would we trade for an injury proned safety? Personally I still think that Clements should be moved to Safety.

if we draft a corner with one of our first 2 picks, then move clements to safety let goldson walk.. clements is a ball hawk and could do some damage playing 10-15yds back
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

if we draft a corner with one of our first 2 picks, then move clements to safety let goldson walk.. clements is a ball hawk and could do some damage playing 10-15yds back

he plays 15-20 yards back now, and he is a CB not a FS.
Mike Singletary created this thread

Originally posted by daWest:
Mike Singletary created this thread

lol
It's horrible, this idea.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

he plays 15-20 yards back now, and he is a CB not a FS.

Lol
Or, we can act like a real 3-4 defense and address the pass rush instead of trying (and failing) repeatedly to manufacture one because we don't have a true threat which is precisely the chief reason why despite getting corner after corner we still get torched through the air.

Punctuation removed because I'm the man and don't need any.

Share 49ersWebzone