There are 154 users in the forums

Who is the best receiver in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who is the best receiver in the NFL?

We're not talking stats here, just plain ability.
Really hard choice between AJ and CJ but I had to vote AJ. I wish he was on the 9ers, that dude is a friggin beast.
CJ is the best WR ever (on pure potential that is). He's just on a horrific team with an even more horrific QB situation.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Really hard choice between AJ and CJ but I had to vote AJ. I wish he was on the 9ers, that dude is a friggin beast.

Andre Johnson has a 10 times better QB situation.

Put him on the Lions and then see...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
CJ is the best WR ever (on pure potential that is). He's just on a horrific team with an even more horrific QB situation.

When you factor in height and athleticism yeah he is on potential, but AJ is almost as tall as him(2 inches shorter) and has long arms as well, and is very athletic and has the production to match. As well as being a superb route runner and strong enough to go get anything and hang on to anything. You can't beat AJ right now IMO, maybe 3-4 years from now but right now he's #1.

For me it's Calvin as well. I give him a slight edge over Andre. Both are great players and freaks of nature but I give Calvin the nod.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'd put reggie wayne on there as well, hell, you could even put T.O. on there as well... he's tearing it up

I guess him playing with carr early in his career and that oline is not as bad as the lions.

AJ>CJ

Andre Johnson is a physical specimen also. Not much of a difference between him and Calvin.

just for the heck of it.

Originally posted by ea_thegreat:

I guess him playing with carr early in his career and that oline is not as bad as the lions.

AJ>CJ

Andre Johnson is a physical specimen also. Not much of a difference between him and Calvin.

just for the heck of it.

Schaub > Shaun Hill.
toss up between both johnsons. i think andre is better at yac

Taylor Jacobs anybody? Brian Gilmore?
Crabtree, then it's Morgan, Ginn, Zeigler and Fitzgerald.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Andre Johnson for sure
Bowe has a TD in his last 6 games, and I think 4 of those 6 have been multiple TD games. He is on fire right now, and I think part of the reason that KC is in the drivers seat in the AFC West.

But over longevity of the last 5 years: Johnson, but I think Roddy White is closing quickly.
SHOULD be Randy Moss. He's the only one that I thought had a decent shot at breaking a lot of Jerry Rice's records, but it seems like that's a remote possibility now.

He definitely has all of the physical tools to (still) be a dominant force in the game, but he has no heart.
Share 49ersWebzone