LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Millen and Steve Young arguing during ESPN pregame show

Shop 49ers game tickets
Matt Millen is a good announcer but should not be allowed to break down any team...ever, ever again.
Originally posted by baltien:
I don't even know why anyone would hire Matt Millen to do anything, ever. Dude has proven to be nothing short of a complete f**k up in the NFL, yet he's on ESPN.

Anyway, I think he's a little butt hurt over his boy Childress. I agree with Steve, Brett Favre pretty much publicly bottled the nuts of Brad Childress. Childress was a weak coach, and his inability to put his foot down and stop kowtowing to Favre was his downfall.

I can't say I feel bad for him.

Must be a tough pill to swallow for the Vikes management knowing that the biggest cancer on the team, is also their only hope of sniffing the playoffs this year.

.....But do you guys see that? We may have it bad, but it could be worse.

EDIT: I would've paid good money to hear Steve say, "well maybe they should draft another receiver. Maybe that will help."

Idiot.

That would have been the play of the year. I bet you Millen would have attacked Young.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Matt Millen has no cred because of the job he did in Det. The fact that tv networks hire him to analyze football is a damn shame.
Originally posted by susweel:
Matt Millen has no cred because of the job he did in Det. The fact that tv networks hire him to analyze football is a damn shame.

Agreed! That's like hiring R. Woods to be a WRs coach.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

But he would make a good fishing coach.

Haha, good one! But in Woods' case, he'd probably drop the bait and fish with an empty hook without realizing it.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Millen was about to LB Sack Steve Young.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Haha, good one! But in Woods' case, he'd probably drop the bait and fish with an empty hook without realizing it.

Yeah I have no idea why ESPN ever hired him. The guy has been nothing but a complete failure and is a huge joke in the sports analyzing industry.
I remember when Millen was hired by the Lions and people were gushing and saying that he was an upcoming bright young executive with a lot of potential.

Then again, 49ers also hired Donahue as a GM.
  • evil
  • Veteran

That logic states Jason Garrett has no business coaching either then.

Originally posted by Janitor:

Yeah I have no idea why ESPN ever hired him. The guy has been nothing but a complete failure and is a huge joke in the sports analyzing industry.

I completely agree, terrible GM and below average as a sports caster, too.
I don't even know why anyone would hire Matt Millen to do anything, ever. Dude has proven to be nothing short of a complete f**k up in the NFL, yet he's on ESPN.

Anyway, I think he's a little butt hurt over his boy Childress. I agree with Steve, Brett Favre pretty much publicly bottled the nuts of Brad Childress. Childress was a weak coach, and his inability to put his foot down and stop kowtowing to Favre was his downfall.

Must be a tough pill to swallow for the Vikes management knowing that the biggest cancer on the team, is also their only hope of sniffing the playoffs this year.

EDIT: I would've paid good money to hear Steve say, "well maybe they should draft another receiver. Maybe that will help."

Idiot.

Completely disagree with that. Millen was a hell of a football player and played a huge role on the 49ers 89' Super Bowl team.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Idiot.

Completely disagree with that. Millen was a hell of a football player and played a huge role on the 49ers 89' Super Bowl team.

....I meant as a GM, but fair enough.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Idiot.

....I meant as a GM, but fair enough.

Oh, then I completley agree with on that
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Epic.

Millen: "I don't buy it because you're not there, Steve... you don't have any idea what goes on in that freakin' locker room, you just don't."

Young: "That's true."

Steve =

Steve: 1

Millen: -100

Did I miss something somewhere? Since when is Millen in the Vikings locker room?
Share 49ersWebzone