There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brad Childress Fired

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
We could very well have Holmgren as HC and Childress as OC.

Say what you will 69er, but Childress is a damn good OC.

just like Nolan knows what he is doing when he sticks to coordinator.

Yea he is, but I'd rather not have a coach that his players don't like or even respect.
about time. He is only slightly worse than ours.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:

Why would you say that?

Holmgren hasn't ever worked with Childress.

Why would you say that?? Does a HC have to work with an OC in order for them to work together??

Andy Reid comes from the Holmgren tree, that's why I say that. I feel it would be a perfect match.

Good call! Childress is an awesome OC as long as he doesn't make big decisions or talk in public. As long as we get a HC in the same philosophy as Childress offense he would be an awesome candidate.
Is singleduck next... pllllleeeeaaaaassssssseeeee
He's a better HC then Sing.

Why would you say that?

Why would you say that?? Does a HC have to work with an OC in order for them to work together??

It seems like a reach. As a Head Coach, Holmgren has always used Coordinators in which he's personally worked with.

Green Bay Packers ('92-'98) - Sherman Lewis (Running Backs Coach under Walsh when Holmgren was Offensive Coordinator).

Seattle Seahawks ('99) - Mike Sherman (Tight Ends Coach under Holmgren in Green Bay).

Seattle Seahawks ('00-'08) - Gil Haskell (Running Backs Coach under Holmgren in Green Bay).

Andy Reid comes from the Holmgren tree, that's why I say that. I feel it would be a perfect match.

Childress seems like too strong of a character to coach under Holmgren.

Also, there is that thing about Holmgren being under contract as Executive VP of Football Operations in Cleveland.

With the six to eight potential vacancies this off-season, Childress will likely get another opportunity as a Head Coach.

And the WCO would come back home.

Has Childress groomed any young QB's? Besides working with McNabb in Philly.

Why would you say that?

Because it's entirely possible to stick any two coaches together, even though they come from entirely different backgrounds and philosophies, to achieve peace, harmony and unity .

-9fA
I wouldn't mind him as our head coach.
I would hire him in a second. But we need a gm too that is a proven winner like Holmgren. Let those two build the organization from the offensive side...McNabb will be available to put with Childress for a season or two so we can draft a QB and let them sit for a few years.

I would also hire a tampa 2 DC. Have Laboy, Smith and Brooks as our DE's and Lawson, Willis and Bowman as LB's...sign some more OLB's and another true DE and we are set. Our team is built with speed but stuck in a read and react defense...stupid...
Originally posted by bigwads:
I would hire him in a second. But we need a gm too that is a proven winner like Holmgren. Let those two build the organization from the offensive side...McNabb will be available to put with Childress for a season or two so we can draft a QB and let them sit for a few years.

I would also hire a tampa 2 DC. Have Laboy, Smith and Brooks as our DE's and Lawson, Willis and Bowman as LB's...sign some more OLB's and another true DE and we are set. Our team is built with speed but stuck in a read and react defense...stupid...

McNabb just signed an extension a few weeks ago...

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by bigwads:

McNabb just signed an extension a few weeks ago...

-9fA

Yeah but the deal is done in a way that makes it easier for the Redskins to release him this offseason if I remember a segment in Sportscenter correctly.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by titan:

Why would you say that?

Good call! Childress is an awesome OC as long as he doesn't make big decisions or talk in public. As long as we get a HC in the same philosophy as Childress offense he would be an awesome candidate.

I have NO DOUBT in my mind Holmgren and Childress would put our offense back to elite status, we just gotta make those moves.