There are 239 users in the forums

Mcnabb agrees to 5 year 78 million dollar extension

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
We've to wait and see the final numbers. I am pretty sure he won't see anything close to 78 million.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
We've to wait and see the final numbers. I am pretty sure he won't see anything close to 78 million.

QBs usually do play out their contract unless its late in their career, 40 million of it is guarenteed, we do know that.
I would too.
All I have to say is
mcnabb looks like he's worth the money tonight
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
mcnabb looks like he's worth the money tonight

Yep, no 1st downs yet. Alex Smith is probably thinking his payday is coming up soon.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by jreff22:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5572721

Only Redskins make that deal
Thank god these aren't NBA contracts... I doubt he sees even a third of that money.
After reading this http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5812371. Mcnabbs deal aint that bad

One of the contract's most significant points is a payment due this offseason, when the Redskins must decide whether or not to pay McNabb a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it would trigger the rest of the contract and make Washington liable for McNabb's $2.5 million base salary in 2011.

So in essence, the Redskins paid McNabb $3.75 million in 2010 for the right to pay him $12.5 million in 2011 and control his rights. If the Redskins cut him after this season or trade him, they are only on the hook for the $3.75 million.

Boiled down, the deal's real guarantee is $3.5 million, though if McNabb suffered a catastrophic injury this season and never played again, he would receive $25 more million.

Originally posted by valrod33:
After reading this http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5812371. Mcnabbs deal aint that bad

One of the contract's most significant points is a payment due this offseason, when the Redskins must decide whether or not to pay McNabb a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it would trigger the rest of the contract and make Washington liable for McNabb's $2.5 million base salary in 2011.

So in essence, the Redskins paid McNabb $3.75 million in 2010 for the right to pay him $12.5 million in 2011 and control his rights. If the Redskins cut him after this season or trade him, they are only on the hook for the $3.75 million.

Boiled down, the deal's real guarantee is $3.5 million, though if McNabb suffered a catastrophic injury this season and never played again, he would receive $25 more million.

Good deal, if they cut or trade him. If they intend to keep him, then all those extra contract-conditions were for nothing. I have a feeling the Redskins will keep him though.
Tweet from T.O
How do u justify a 78 million dollar contract w/this type of performance?

Interesting contract. It's like they're telling him "Play good the rest of the season and you might get some $$."

I call this a 'carrot on a stick' contract.
Tweet from T.O
How do u justify a 78 million dollar contract w/this type of performance?

I bet T.O. still hates Mcnabb for costing him a ring because he's a fat ass that eats mcdonalds fries before and after every practice

f**k mcnabb motherf**kf**kf**k
Share 49ersWebzone