LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Look for Michael Lewis to be looking to light someone up over the middle...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Good Chance Michael Lewis Suits up against the Niners...

Spagnuolo and Michael Lewis go back to their Philly days together when Lewis was a rook and went to the Pro Bowl. He says there's a good chance he will suit up and thinks Lewis has ALOT of football left in him.

If he sniffs the field this Sunday, I look for him to try and take out Crabtree, or he might even be balsy enough to try and lay some wood on Vernon, though I bet he will get smoked by Gore up the middle caught in no mans land as he gets juked for a large gain...

I know he wasn't happy with the team when he left and I'm sure he's chompin at the bit. I look for him to try and stick the s**t outta someone!

This will be interesting...
[ Edited by zozell on Nov 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM ]
Fantastic.

He's one dimensional and doesn't have any sort of catch up speed.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Fantastic.

He's one dimensional and doesn't have any sort of catch up speed.

Yea I see Gore leaving him in his socks if he gets alot of PT... He may get a nice hit on one of our WR's over the middle though...
cool. Pump fakes all day towards him.
Let him match up with Vernon, please!

All day baby!!!

this is good news for us
And Mike Singletary will oblige him by sending Gore up the middle all day long because MS would rather bang his head against a stationary, slow-moving, practically immobile brick wall just to prove a point that the players remaining on the team are tougher than the one he let go.
It's 3rd and 3, Gore given the handoff up the middle right behind Iupati...
Iupati makes it to the second level, see Micheal Lewis and looks for the block...
Lewis comes after Gore, not seeing the Hulk...
Lewis wakes up 10 minutes later on the sideline...

After the game, Iupati runs over to Lewis and says "still alive?"
ML is too slow to matter. All he can do is hit and even that part of his game comes with a recent rash of concussions to play with his head.

Big woop he can become Captain Obvious and fill them in on just how generic our defense is and how pedestrian Manusky is.

Troy Smith is an unknown quantity to him and his new team. Advantage: 9ers. Troy Smith has a few weeks of relative anonymity before DC's get a solid read on him. Also I bet ML is slower than TS.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
All I got to say is.... Better bring some game on Sunday, Lewis.

It is not his style of play to "light someone up". Expect a smart game from a pretty smart vet.
Mlewis is 1 concussion away from waking up on the field saying "Why the f*ck am I in a Rams uni?!" lol
Suiting up doesn't mean he will play
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Mlewis is 1 concussion away from waking up on the field saying "Why the f*ck am I in a Rams uni?!" lol

He better hope they don't blitz him.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by verb1der:

He better hope they don't blitz him.

He will probably ask not to be blitzed! For all the love AP and others get for the RB skills, Gore has to be the best blocker out there, and a much better rounded RB than most, if not all in the league...
Share 49ersWebzone