There are 147 users in the forums

Met Mike Nolan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
I liked him. He was a classy guy and very well organized. He just made a mistake in the draft and had no clue about the offensive side of the ball. Oh and he took on too much responsibility.

McCarthy AND Nolan picked Alex, not just Nolan.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
I liked him. He was a classy guy and very well organized. He just made a mistake in the draft and had no clue about the offensive side of the ball. Oh and he took on too much responsibility.

My statement still stands. He hired McCarthy, I'm sure any big move McCarthy pulled had to get Nolan's approval.

Nolan is the one who asked Rodgers and Alex to hop on one foot or what ever the story was...

it didn't matter if McCarthy was involved, it was Nolan's call all the way.

I don't know how some of yall can all the sudden like Nolan again... Singletary is Nolan 2.0

everything yall hate about Singletary, Nolan was doing the same s**t.....playing favorite with the players.....worrying about the media when making decisions...sounding stupid if front of the media to justify ego driven decisions.....worrying about "trust" in the locker room....both throwing Alex under the bus after blindly defending him.....both coaching not to lose.

we went from a Man with an empty suit to the Emperor with no pants.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Nolan is the one who asked Rodgers and Alex to hop on one foot or what ever the story was...

it didn't matter if McCarthy was involved, it was Nolan's call all the way.

I don't know how some of yall can all the sudden like Nolan again... Singletary is Nolan 2.0

everything yall hate about Singletary, Nolan was doing the same s**t.....playing favorite with the players.....worrying about the media when making decisions...sounding stupid if front of the media to justify ego driven decisions.....worrying about "trust" in the locker room....both throwing Alex under the bus after blindly defending him.....both coaching not to lose.

we went from a Man with an empty suit to the Emperor with no pants.

Oh, I'm not excusing Nolan as a coach. I think he was terrible. Him and Sing are pretty much the same philosophically, except at the end Nolan got desperate and hired Martz while Sing gets even more conservative. I'm just stating that the Alex pick wasn't based on Nolan not knowing anything about Offense, most people thought Alex was the superior prospect and McCarthy's opinion was a huge factor in that choice. Heck, Gruden had a chance to get Rodgers as well but he fell all the way down to 20 for a reason. The Alex pick didn't bother me much, what bothered me was the structure he was placed in as a #1 overall QB.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Originally posted by jreff22:
You should of kicked him in the balls then b***hed slapped him

Wow dude did you think of that all on your own!?

Mike didn't take us to the promise land but damn he made us wayyyy better then the clowns he started with! He was or is a Niner fan atleast show alittle respect for the dude!

He was garbage, f**ked with the D like Sing f**ks with the O. Wouldn't bench JTO because he gave us the best shot to win...give me a break.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 804Niner:
I met Nolan yesterday after the Dolphins and Ravens game yesterday...Nolan seem like a pretty cool cat...Ofcourse he wasnt in the best of moods after the Dolphins got their asses handed to them...I did ask him about Singletary and the job he was doing. In so many words, he said that he thought Sing has what it takes to get the Niners back on track but sometimes it takes a little longer than expected...Pretty chill guy overall tho

Just curious, but why does the date stamp on the pic say 2006?

Really man???....Come on...I just never set the date on the damn camera...You can see the guys in the background with the Dolphins clothes on...Trust me...I am not that desperate for attention that I would save a picture from when the 9ers played the Dolphins (or any other team that Nolan coached) just to post this pic now...lol...Better yet, do you think Nolan was coaching against the Dolphins in January of 06???....I will let you go research that...I have about a million other pics from the game Sunday but its not worth trying to prove...PEEEEEEEACE!
I'll say one thing, DAMN does it look like Nolan has aged....its been 6 years I think when he first got here.... crazy what coaching can do to you.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I met Nolan yesterday after the Dolphins and Ravens game yesterday...Nolan seem like a pretty cool cat...Ofcourse he wasnt in the best of moods after the Dolphins got their asses handed to them...I did ask him about Singletary and the job he was doing. In so many words, he said that he thought Sing has what it takes to get the Niners back on track but sometimes it takes a little longer than expected...Pretty chill guy overall tho

Just curious, but why does the date stamp on the pic say 2006?

Really man???....Come on...I just never set the date on the damn camera...You can see the guys in the background with the Dolphins clothes on...Trust me...I am not that desperate for attention that I would save a picture from when the 9ers played the Dolphins (or any other team that Nolan coached) just to post this pic now...lol...Better yet, do you think Nolan was coaching against the Dolphins in January of 06???....I will let you go research that...I have about a million other pics from the game Sunday but its not worth trying to prove...PEEEEEEEACE!

I just googled this picture and it belongs to a guy named Tai'rone. Is that your name!?
Originally posted by jreff22:
You should of kicked him in the balls then b***hed slapped him

LMAO now that's comedy!
Share 49ersWebzone