LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

49ers vs. Jerry Jones

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm not posting this in Niner talk because it has way more to do with Dallas than our 49ers. Or, more specifically, Jerry Jones.

At this point both the 49ers (all options should be on table) and Dallas (for sure) football teams will be searching for a Head Coach for next season, and maybe Dallas to some extent this season.

Jerry Jones wants the best man out there, he can offer the money, the stadium, and a pretty decent team. And yes, I know these wont be the only two teams searching for a head coach next season...

Its just that I WANT THE f**kING BEST!!! I WANT, i pray, that we get a head coach who can rejuvenate the franchise like Sean Payton did the Saints. I'm personally praying for Jim Harbaugh.

I dont know who Jerry will target, but I know he's going to get a big name for sure. So really i'm wondering what our chances are of landing Harbaugh? if Harbaugh would even be on Jerry's radar? Do we have any other options that can withstand a wooing from Jerry Jones???

Sincerely,

a very sad, sad niners fan (ever since Steve departed)
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Nov 4, 2010 at 5:51 PM ]
Harbaugh is an excellent choice. But we won't likely land a top tier coach anyway. So if he does go to the NFL it won't be the 49ers. We will get a discount HC. Or maybe a few more years of Dingleberry with the false hope of Troy Smith...
JJ loves Jason Garret the OC for Dallas. Heck Garret makes more then uncle Wade. I bet that will be the next HC of Dallas.
Since when has Jerry ever hired the best coach? He lucked his way into Jimmy Johnson, and then hasn't made a decent hire since.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Since when has Jerry ever hired the best coach? He lucked his way into Jimmy Johnson, and then hasn't made a decent hire since.

This, and Jerruh will probably hire another yes man who won't challenge the way Jerruh wants to run things.

True dat Buki!
  • ZRF80
Jerry would most likely target Gruden; although some rumor mills having him going after Dungy or Cowhers.

The Niners will have to play second fiddle to both Dallas and Clevleand for the services of Jon Gruden.

Harbaugh will be the likely choice, although Im not a fan of college coaches.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Jerry would most likely target Gruden; although some rumor mills having him going after Dungy or Cowhers.

The Niners will have to play second fiddle to both Dallas and Clevleand for the services of Jon Gruden.

Harbaugh will be the likely choice, although Im not a fan of college coaches.

Harbaugh would be a godsend compared to nolan and singletary
from the outside looking in, SF is probably the least desirable place to land as a potential HC. The Yorks are going to have to dig into their pockets, DEEP, to land the type of coach this place needs.

Good! Can't stand him.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kingairta:
JJ loves Jason Garret the OC for Dallas. Heck Garret makes more then uncle Wade. I bet that will be the next HC of Dallas.

Loved is probably the better word. Garrett has had a s**t ton of talent to work with and the offense has not played up to it's potential by far and large when you consider all that has been invested into that offense. Garrett was once highly regarded by JJ but I wouldn't be so sure he still feels so strongly about him.

Bill Parcells is not a decent hire?

He only rebuilt that team and made them into a Superbowl favorite. Then Jerry Jones got more involved after he left and that's why their a mess today.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Bill Parcells is not a decent hire?

He only rebuilt that team and made them into a Superbowl favorite. Then Jerry Jones got more involved after he left and that's why their a mess today.

If he hired Jesus Christ as Chaplain it would be a bad hire. Jones
Share 49ersWebzone