LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

Darnell Dockett weighs in on a possible NFL lockout in 2011.

Shop 49ers game tickets
All comments below are from Darnell Dockett.

Quote:
Dear NFL players Please save UR money there might be a lock out next year but even if it wasn't save your money you work to hard for it #90

Quote:
So many athletes go broke after football please save your money, cuz when u got it u have friends but when its gone they will call u stupid!

Quote:
This is one of many reasons why there will be a lockout! The NFL wants us players to take a 18% pay cut and play 2 more NFL game for free.

Quote:
If we agree to play 2more NFL games the teams would make no less that 500millon estimate! But they want us to play 2more NFL games for Free!

Quote:
The NFL also will not match our 401k and is also taking away our health benefits after this season!! There will be a lock out! #SaveUrMONEY

Quote:
I don't ask you all 2 feel sorry for us Players, I'm just sharing info with people who really wanna know what's goes on behind close doors!.

Quote:
The NFL been good to me. No I take that back! GOD been good to me! #Fact I just want people to save there money for when reality sets in!

Quote:
If the Nfl play 2more games the injuries will go up GURANTEE! A NFL average career is 3-4 seasons! God forbid one injury and it could B OVER

Twitter

I like how he ends every sentence with an exclamation point instead of a full stop.

-9fA
I hope the players don't get ripped off. f**k Goodell and all the changes he's made (except for the draft on primetime)

I'm with dockett, fight the power!
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
60% to players, 40% to owners. The NFL is nothing without the players, they put their lives on the line to make rich a*****es even richer. NFL athletes make great money but the owners make even more.

17 game schedule with every team playing an international game or in a city that has no NFL team such as L.A. as a "neutral" site game. Neutral site games would keep teams from losing a home game to London every year.

Rosters need to be expanded to at least 60 players, 50 active on gameday and a 5-10 man practice squad.

The draft needs to have a rookie cap. The money saved by the rookie cap should go towards free agency and increasing the rookie and veteran league minimums.
some real good advices he shelled out. must of listened to Bobby Bowden while in school.
Recession
Originally posted by teeohh:
I hope the players don't get ripped off. f**k Goodell and all the changes he's made (except for the draft on primetime)

I'm with dockett, fight the power!

big ups
f**k Dockett, friggin D-bag.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
f**k Dockett, friggin D-bag.

He always has something to say.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
He can start with himself. NFL is coming down hard on dirty players...save your money Dockett.

I would laugh my ass off if there was a lock out in 2011 and they all went to the UFL.

Then I would cry myself to sleep in the feedle position.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
60% to players, 40% to owners. The NFL is nothing without the players, they put their lives on the line to make rich a*****es even richer. NFL athletes make great money but the owners make even more.

17 game schedule with every team playing an international game or in a city that has no NFL team such as L.A. as a "neutral" site game. Neutral site games would keep teams from losing a home game to London every year.

Rosters need to be expanded to at least 60 players, 50 active on gameday and a 5-10 man practice squad.

The draft needs to have a rookie cap. The money saved by the rookie cap should go towards free agency and increasing the rookie and veteran league minimums.

Moot point. The 49ers will have moved to LA by then.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by area49:

I don't understand why some don't get it. The NFL will move a team like Jacksonville way before they move a team that still sells their games out, like the Niners. The Jags average like 25-30 for their games. That's the team you move.

Share 49ersWebzone