LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Rams sign former 49ers S M. Lewis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he's gonna KO Crabtree for the season.

lol and break his brain once again and finally retire himself.
somehow we're gonna make Lewis look like Ed Reed
They can have him. Too slow to be a modern safety.

TAYLOR MAYS FTW!
cool story bro
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Not fair!

Now the Rams will have our playbook! How can we expect to beat them with that kind of a disadvantage!

First thing I thought too
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by backontop:
I guess that means we just throw the ball at M. Lewis.

I'm a fan of Lewis when he first got here...he played very well for us...but the past couple of years he was a REAL liablity in pass coverage..

I don't like how he was treated before he left....but that being said, Backontop is right...send Vernon his way and reap the rewards

You don't like how he was treated? He was told that he was losing his starting position to a younger, faster, more sensational player and he pouted and quit. He's not exactly a victim, here.

nooooo they played mind games with him just like they did with Takeo....as well as with Jason Hill last year at the end of preseason.....Nate Davis...as well as with Eric Heitman now, before he re-injured himself.

the coaching staff, SING, send alot of mixed signals...which I think is not the right thing to do with Vet players who have done MUCH more in this league than he has as a coach.

sure the young players, some won't trip...but Vets like Takeo, Lewis, Hietman....he don't need to be doing that...just tell them like it is and move on if you have to.

I mean a respected Veteran like Lewis basically forced his way out of the team....not too many Vets do that.

Nobody was playing mind games with Jason Hill. He is just plain bad. He got released and nobody picked him up. Same with Davis, who was playing mind games with him? Again, he's just Webzone hype. Not sure about Heitmann either, as I understand it, they discovered a previously unknown injury. Doesn't seem anything wrong there.

I agree with you on Lewis. I think Lewis got mixed messages from Singletary and/or other coaches and decided that he had enough. I also agree with you on Takeo, Bowman shouldn't be seeing the field.

-9fA

Let's not also forget that the team forced him to take a major pay cut before the season started. Add that in with mixed messages and losing playing time it all just exploded.

And who makes the personnel decisions on bringing in Bowman? Is that Manusky or is sing telling him to get him out there? It's puzzling to see the leader and fire of your defense being taken off the field when it's not warranted. Players notice that.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Not fair!

Now the Rams will have our playbook! How can we expect to beat them with that kind of a disadvantage!

First thing I thought too

We have a playbook?! Tell Lewis to give it back and then we'll play better!
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
If he dies he dies

There goes out "easy" game with the Rams. HAHA man.... it will be such a low point if we get swept by them rams.
Share 49ersWebzone