There are 229 users in the forums

Who would Dungy have on his staff / above him as GM?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Who would Dungy have on a staff as his OC, or if he was a director of football operations who would he hire has GM/HC?
Would he even want to come here?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I doubt it, since he is a mid west guy and there was a report last week that he turned down his alma mater in Minnesota, but I'm just curious.

would anyone?
Originally posted by global_nomad:

would anyone?

Exactly. We are the definition of a pathetic garbage organization. F our lives.

would anyone?

I mean Scott Linehan declined the job for Detroit
Not sure but I guess I would let our new coach if it was like Gruden/Cowher/Dungy help decide the GM if they want a new one but I wouldn't give them dual roles (GM/HC). That doesn't ever work out... it's too much stress. I'd let them have a lot of say though.

If it's an assistant coming in he probably doesn't have much say.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 25, 2010 at 00:56:33 ]
Look forward to more exciting games
  • evil
  • Veteran

would anyone?

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on him choosing Detroit because Schwartz was going to offer a bigger leash than Sing was, coupled with the fact that he was going to a team who was in position to grab a QB #1 overall that he could mold, and said QB already had a true #1 WR option.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

would anyone?

I'm guessing 20 seconds after talking to Singletary he realized he wouldn't be able to run the offense he wanted.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No, f**k Dungy
  • titan
  • Veteran
I can't stand him! for someone who doesn't want t be in the NFL he sures stick's his nose in everyones business.
Originally posted by titan:
I can't stand him! for someone who doesn't want t be in the NFL he sures stick's his nose in everyones business.

He did? How? I think this is a reaction to the media overblowing his answers to questions he's been asked.

I'm on the fence with Dungy - I feel his type of coaching would be of a huge benefit for the Nines but there's still something about him that can rub me the wrong way. All-in-all, he's a proven winner, something the Nines haven't had in a long time.

I highly doubt he ever returns to coaching though, and even if he did, would he want to come to SF.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by horsecore:

He did? How? I think this is a reaction to the media overblowing his answers to questions he's been asked.

I'm on the fence with Dungy - I feel his type of coaching would be of a huge benefit for the Nines but there's still something about him that can rub me the wrong way. All-in-all, he's a proven winner, something the Nines haven't had in a long time.

I highly doubt he ever returns to coaching though, and even if he did, would he want to come to SF.

For some crazy reason the league caters to this guy! How this fool got Vick back in the league cause of his so called mentoring Who Knows?. He has to stick his nose in Rex Ryans team and gives his stupid input that he curses too much! So What! Lately he has been voicing his opinion on NFL players Hard Hits. I didn't see him complaining when his DE where KO'ing people and Bob Sanders was blasting people. I just think we could have some other person that would fit us better.
Originally posted by horsecore:

For some crazy reason the league caters to this guy! How this fool got Vick back in the league cause of his so called mentoring Who Knows?. He has to stick his nose in Rex Ryans team and gives his stupid input that he curses too much! So What! Lately he has been voicing his opinion on NFL players Hard Hits. I didn't see him complaining when his DE where KO'ing people and Bob Sanders was blasting people. I just think we could have some other person that would fit us better.

Probably because he respects people he works with, and therefore he gets respect back from people within the NFL. He's a class guy IMO, so he can do things and stick his neck out when he wants to, because of that.
Share 49ersWebzone