LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

Ronnie Lott

Shop 49ers game tickets
Has anyone heard anything from Ronnie Lott about the new fines and possible suspensions? I love Ronnie and I don't remember him illegally hitting players with his helmet or on theirs.

He knew how to tackle and hit hard, but as far as I remember and of course I can be wrong he "legal" for the most part.
if this rule applied then, I guarantee you he'd have a few dozen penalties.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

even ejected?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

even ejected?

more than likely. "Devastating" hits are now outlawed.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

even ejected?

more than likely. "Devastating" hits are now outlawed.

True. And Steve Atwater would be on death row.
Lott would've been in debt to the NFL
Originally posted by darekster:
Has anyone heard anything from Ronnie Lott about the new fines and possible suspensions? I love Ronnie and I don't remember him illegally hitting players with his helmet or on theirs.

He knew how to tackle and hit hard, but as far as I remember and of course I can be wrong he "legal" for the most part.

he goes on KNBR every Friday morning around 8:15 PST

knbr.com
I don't agree that the new rules would have hurt Lott's pockets.

If you watch his highlight he always led with his shoulder and /or forearm. He also never went higher than the chest area.
How bout we see how things play out before we start b***hing.
I'm still mad at him for giving a pregame speech to the Aints when they played us on Monday night.

Originally posted by pelos21:
I'm still mad at him for giving a pregame speech to the Aints when they played us on Monday night.

I was shocked too. But when I heard the reason why. I thought well the Saints couldnt have picked a better organization and person to hear a speech on what to expect to win back to back super bowls. Lott said thats all he was there to say reading one report so I was ok with it after.
Share 49ersWebzone