There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would Alex Smith even re-sign if offered??

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by fryet:
A bone for the Alex detractors. This thread assumes that Alex proves that he is a top 15 QB. If the season were to end today, it would not take that much money to resign him (he would get multiple offers, though). Alex potentially can be top 15 (he has been before statistically), but he has an uphill climb at this point.

Personally, I think the 49er Front Office has done a poor job planning for the future. They could have signed Alex Smith to a reasonable 2 year deal this offseason, and ensured that he would remain with the team - IF they wanted him. As it stands now, if he does well, they are going to have to overpay to keep him on the team.

Staying to a one year deal only saves them money if he fails. And you shouldn't plan for your future expecting your starting QB to fail.

Resigning Alex Smith would cause the 49ers to lose much of its fanbase.

It would be good riddance in most cases.

Exactly right. They wouldn't be much of fans to begin with, if that's all it takes. See ya!

I wish they would just leave now

You heard the boos at the stick, you heard the "we want Carr" chants. I'm sure the owner heard those as well.

No way he is asked to come back.

and those boos and chants were unwarranted as Smith was actually having a good game. But I guess if Smith doesn't throw for 5TD's+ a game then he sucks. Yea he is inconsistent, but so is the OLine play.

They were warranted, dude has been stinking up the place for 6 years now.

6 years Smith hasn't been as bad as you think he is. He has played pretty well considering his OLine couldn't block a peewee defensive line, his receivers mostly Morgan do not even attempt to catch the ball and Crabtree took a few games to get back into rythm with Smith. Take off the Hater shades and you will actually see what is going on.

Yah me and 70,000 fans are just haters and your the only one that knows that Smith is a great QB and those mistakes he makes are because of his Oline and WRs.

Okay dude good luck with that one.
SF, Buffalo, Jacksonville are the only places where he could compete as a starter
Originally posted by ads_2006:
SF, Buffalo, Jacksonville are the only places where he could compete as a starter

Carolina, Oakland
Originally posted by valrod33:

Carolina, Oakland

The worst 5 teams in football.

Carolina, Oakland

I think oakland is good with Gradkowski/Campbell

Carolina, Oakland

Yah Gradknowski is better then Smith.

What about Carolina, Arizona, and the Raiders? Next year the Vikings will be looking for a QB and the Seahawks might be in the market as well.

Carolina, Oakland

Yah Gradknowski is better then Smith.

lol, okay
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by fryet:
A bone for the Alex detractors. This thread assumes that Alex proves that he is a top 15 QB. If the season were to end today, it would not take that much money to resign him (he would get multiple offers, though). Alex potentially can be top 15 (he has been before statistically), but he has an uphill climb at this point.

Personally, I think the 49er Front Office has done a poor job planning for the future. They could have signed Alex Smith to a reasonable 2 year deal this offseason, and ensured that he would remain with the team - IF they wanted him. As it stands now, if he does well, they are going to have to overpay to keep him on the team.

Staying to a one year deal only saves them money if he fails. And you shouldn't plan for your future expecting your starting QB to fail.

Resigning Alex Smith would cause the 49ers to lose much of its fanbase.

It would be good riddance in most cases.

Exactly right. They wouldn't be much of fans to begin with, if that's all it takes. See ya!

I wish they would just leave now

You heard the boos at the stick, you heard the "we want Carr" chants. I'm sure the owner heard those as well.

No way he is asked to come back.

and those boos and chants were unwarranted as Smith was actually having a good game. But I guess if Smith doesn't throw for 5TD's+ a game then he sucks. Yea he is inconsistent, but so is the OLine play.

They were warranted, dude has been stinking up the place for 6 years now.

6 years Smith hasn't been as bad as you think he is. He has played pretty well considering his OLine couldn't block a peewee defensive line, his receivers mostly Morgan do not even attempt to catch the ball and Crabtree took a few games to get back into rythm with Smith. Take off the Hater shades and you will actually see what is going on.

Yah me and 70,000 fans are just haters and your the only one that knows that Smith is a great QB and those mistakes he makes are because of his Oline and WRs.

Okay dude good luck with that one.

He's a natural...........................backup QB.

Carolina, Oakland

Vikings, Cardinals, Seahawks, Browns could all use a starting qb next year also
Originally posted by prime21:

He's a natural...........................backup QB.

Steve DeBerg, with small hands... LOL
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

Carolina, Oakland

Vikings, Cardinals, Seahawks, Browns could all use a starting qb next year also

Browns have McCoy, Wallace, and Delhomme. I doubt they bring in another qb.

Vikings still have Jackson. I think Smith could compete there

I would think the seahawks resign Hasselbeck, smith would be the backup
I have a feeling that even if this season continues how it's started, we'll still have Smith next year.

But only because He'll be kept on until our head coach teaches our new first round pick QB how to play football.

So I believe we'll draft a young QB to sit while we use Smith to keep the spot warm for him. I don't think the team will see any available QB's as upgrades to Smith or Long term replacements.

We will bring in a Offensive minded coach back to the bay area and have a young QB to take over mid season.
Honest if i was him I would not. He gets way to much heat from the fans even though its somewhat deserved as you were the Number 1 pick overall. If i was him id go to some team that has a good o line and had weapons but needs a qb like. AZ or maybe SEA as matt is getting old. Maybe even Bengals and beat out Palmer for the job.