There are 237 users in the forums

Would Alex Smith even re-sign if offered??

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k that bust.
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k that bust.

Pssst. Honestly. Between you and me. If Alex had gone to the Packers in 2005, you think he'd be the new Super Bowl MVP right now? Come on, be honsest.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by zillabeast:
f**k that bust.

Pssst. Honestly. Between you and me. If Alex had gone to the Packers in 2005, you think he'd be the new Super Bowl MVP right now? Come on, be honsest.

Not a snowballs chance in hell.
f**k that bust.

Not a snowballs chance in hell.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
If he's offered then he'd be dumb not to take it.....who's gonna give hima starting role other than us?

The Cardinals

Arent they going for Marc Bulger?
alex must die
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Snider8706:
alex must die

He's already dead to me.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
alex must die

He's already dead to me.

but not to a lot of other people here
He may resign but his signature would be high and to the right of the dotted line.
  • dj43
f**k that bust.

There is no way you can know that for certain. When the overwhelming majority of NFL scouts, including Mike McCarthy, agreed that Alex Smith had greater potential than Aaron Rodgers, the focus of the attention should be on the environment in which they wound up. We have all had a chance to closely examine the difference between the two and it is obvious that while Rodgers had absolutely ideal conditions in which to develop, Smith had the exact opposite. The comparison is a case study in how two very similar athletes wound up in opposite circumstances with opposite results.

Originally posted by dj43:
f**k that bust.

There is no way you can know that for certain. When the overwhelming majority of NFL scouts, including Mike McCarthy, agreed that Alex Smith had greater potential than Aaron Rodgers, the focus of the attention should be on the environment in which they wound up. We have all had a chance to closely examine the difference between the two and it is obvious that while Rodgers had absolutely ideal conditions in which to develop, Smith had the exact opposite. The comparison is a case study in how two very similar athletes wound up in opposite circumstances with opposite results.

Except one of them is clearly better. It's not all situation. Aaron is better than Alex Smith, no matter where they end up in that draft.
  • dj43
Originally posted by pantstickle:
f**k that bust.

Except one of them is clearly better. It's not all situation. Aaron is better than Alex Smith, no matter where they end up in that draft.
Now yes, Rodgers is better, however, that is just the point. The circumstances could not have been more opposite. To exclude that as the starting and ending point in the discussion is not reasonable.

In his first two pre-seasons in Green Bay, Rodgers stunk up the place. Fans were calling the FO idiots. The guy was not good. Still, McCarthy was patient and continued working with him on his accuracy and reading defenses and we now see the results.
f**k that bust.

Now yes, Rodgers is better, however, that is just the point. The circumstances could not have been more opposite. To exclude that as the starting and ending point in the discussion is not reasonable.

In his first two pre-seasons in Green Bay, Rodgers stunk up the place. Fans were calling the FO idiots. The guy was not good. Still, McCarthy was patient and continued working with him on his accuracy and reading defenses and we now see the results.

Zomg what if Alex takes the Cardinals to Super Bowl XLVI in two years?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
f**k that bust.

Truth.

The Packer's Front Office was so confident in Rodgers abilities that in the draft before his first career start they selected Brian Brohm in the second round and Matt Flynn in the seventh. Not one, but two quarterbacks... that's confidence!

I'm happy for Rodgers, personally. I think he earned his respect and deserved his success.

I hope we renew our playoff rivalry with the Packers quickly. It almost seems like destiny....
  • dj43
Originally posted by Wodwo:
f**k that bust.

Truth.

The Packer's Front Office was so confident in Rodgers abilities that in the draft before his first career start they selected Brian Brohm in the second round and Matt Flynn in the seventh. Not one, but two quarterbacks... that's confidence!

I'm happy for Rodgers, personally. I think he earned his respect and deserved his success.

I hope we renew our playoff rivalry with the Packers quickly. It almost seems like destiny....
That's right. I forgot about the Brohm pick. All of which shows how little confidence GB had in Rodgers during those early years despite all the tools he had around him.

I too am glad for him. I have always been a 49er fan since I was a little kid. However, my dad's family is from northern Wisconsin so the Packers have always been a second favorite and that led me to keep up with some of the things going on there. The discontent with Rodgers up until this year was very evident.
Share 49ersWebzone