LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Mike Singletary, Mike Nolan, Jack Del Rio

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerGM:
David Gerrard = Alex Smith

Do you mean you never know which QB is going to show up?
I was thinking the same thing tonight. Del Rio really does remind me of the other 2. Why is it so difficult for a defensive-minded coach to want an attacking, aggressive offense? It's it much easier for the D to defend a multi-score lead than some 10-6 crap?

Belichick, as much as I despise him, learned this some years ago. His stint with the Browns may have had something to do with it.
Trent Dilfer = Alex Smith
f**k them and their fans. I don't feel sorry for other teams. They're probably laughing at us right now for sucking so bad.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Billick was a WAY overrated head coach...

Why do you say that?

Because the strength of his team was the D, which he didn't run. And the offense, that he did run, was crap. Sure he's a Super Bowl winning coach, but he lucked into it by not f**king it up too much, one year. I give him props for that, but he was no great coach.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Billick was a WAY overrated head coach...

Why do you say that?

Because the strength of his team was the D, which he didn't run. And the offense, that he did run, was crap. Sure he's a Super Bowl winning coach, but he lucked into it by not f**king it up too much, one year. I give him props for that, but he was no great coach.

The Ravens wasted that awesome D going through Billick failures known as Tony Banks, Elvis Grbac, Kyle Boller etc.

The offensive HC couldn't get an average offense in place and he cut the QB that led them to the SB.
Del Rio has been to the conference championship game but he does have a defensive philosophy.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Del Rio is a pretty good coach, he's won a bunch of games with very little talent for the Jags, he doesn't belong in this category.

He is just barely over .500 and hasn't really accomplished much. And he plays the same type of football as Mike Singletary and Mike Nolan. I think the comparison is fair.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Del Rio has also coached under Ditka & John Fox (he coached under Ditka before Billick). Del Rio is usually associated as part of Billick's coaching tree.

Nolan has also coached under Dan Reeves (before Billick), Norv Turner and Al Groh. Nolan is usually associated with being a part of Reeves coaching tree.

Sing was not a part of the SB winning Ravens team of 2000. He started coaching in 2003. He played under Ditka and as we all know coached under Billick and Nolan.

And since you mentioned Marvin Lewis he coached under Cowher and Marchibroda before he coached under Billick.
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
I was thinking the same thing tonight. Del Rio really does remind me of the other 2. Why is it so difficult for a defensive-minded coach to want an attacking, aggressive offense? It's it much easier for the D to defend a multi-score lead than some 10-6 crap?

Belichick, as much as I despise him, learned this some years ago. His stint with the Browns may have had something to do with it.

OR It could be because he has Tom Brady????

[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Oct 19, 2010 at 07:32:32 ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Del Rio has also coached under Ditka & John Fox (he coached under Ditka before Billick). Del Rio is usually associated as part of Billick's coaching tree.

Nolan has also coached under Dan Reeves (before Billick), Norv Turner and Al Groh. Nolan is usually associated with being a part of Reeves coaching tree.

Sing was not a part of the SB winning Ravens team of 2000. He started coaching in 2003. He played under Ditka and as we all know coached under Billick and Nolan.

And since you mentioned Marvin Lewis he coached under Cowher and Marchibroda before he coached under Billick.

Good info, I knew Sing did not coach on the Ravens SB team, but did not know the other info.

Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

Is it not obvious that it is Bellichik's system that makes Brady great and not the other way around? Cassel did essentially the same thing as Brady when he had his opportunity.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

Is it not obvious that it is Bellichik's system that makes Brady great and not the other way around? Cassel did essentially the same thing as Brady when he had his opportunity.

Bledsoe couldn't win in his system. NE was 5-11 and 0-2 before Brady took over. By the time Cassel got there that offense had the best talent in the league and they still failed to make the playoffs albeit 10-5 is nothing to be embarrassed about.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Del Rio is about is bad Singletary (at this point in his coaching career).
Share 49ersWebzone