LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Mike Singletary, Mike Nolan, Jack Del Rio

Shop 49ers game tickets
If you're not aware, these three are all graduates from Billick's Super Bowl winning Ravens team. And if you've watched all three of them coach, you've seen the same philosophy get beaten time and time again. It isn't Billick's fault, I only mentioned his name because he was the head coach when all three of these guys along with Marvin Lewis were understudies in Baltimore. You would think one of them would learn from the other, but they all seem stubborn and mindless.

I don't know if this was worth a thread, but I wondered if anyone else thought they were watching the 49ers while watching the Jaguars tonight. I feel for their fans, we're in this mess together!
Del Rio is a pretty good coach, he's won a bunch of games with very little talent for the Jags, he doesn't belong in this category.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
You could say the same with Bill Belichick's staff:

Romeo Crennel
Charlie Weis
Eric Mangini
Josh McDaniels
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Del Rio is a pretty good coach, he's won a bunch of games with very little talent for the Jags, he doesn't belong in this category.

He is just barely over .500 and hasn't really accomplished much. And he plays the same type of football as Mike Singletary and Mike Nolan. I think the comparison is fair.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
If you're not aware, these three are all graduates from Billick's Super Bowl winning Ravens team. And if you've watched all three of them coach, you've seen the same philosophy get beaten time and time again. It isn't Billick's fault, I only mentioned his name because he was the head coach when all three of these guys along with Marvin Lewis were understudies in Baltimore. You would think one of them would learn from the other, but they all seem stubborn and mindless.

I don't know if this was worth a thread, but I wondered if anyone else thought they were watching the 49ers while watching the Jaguars tonight. I feel for their fans, we're in this mess together!

i don't, nobody feels sorry for us losing so why i should care when anybody else loses
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

i don't, nobody feels sorry for us losing so why i should care when anybody else loses

Did you see the fans at the end of the game? If you did, I don't know how you couldn't have identified with their frustration and disappointment. I know someone else saw that cute blonde throwing her arms around saying what she knew needed to be happening. In those moments, you have to wonder what is going on with the coaches and the players.
Defensive minded football just doesn't work unless you have a dominant Oline and a dominant Defense, otherwise it's a recipe for boring .500 football. It simply doesn't resonate with me at all, it's the antithesis of the 49ers football I grew up with.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Defensive minded football just doesn't work unless you have a dominant Oline and a dominant Defense, otherwise it's a recipe for boring .500 football. It simply doesn't resonate with me at all, it's the antithesis of the 49ers football I grew up with.

I think we all can agree to that.

Did you see the fans at the end of the game? If you did, I don't know how you couldn't have identified with their frustration and disappointment. I know someone else saw that cute blonde throwing her arms around saying what she knew needed to be happening. In those moments, you have to wonder what is going on with the coaches and the players.

Oh yeah i was in seattle, at home for the eagles and saints game, i know what its like to be frustrated beyond belief. However nobody feels sorry for us losing and I will not feel sorry for them. We've been playing this way for about a decade and nothing is changing.

Oh yeah i was in seattle, at home for the eagles and saints game, i know what its like to be frustrated beyond belief. However nobody feels sorry for us losing and I will not feel sorry for them. We've been playing this way for about a decade and nothing is changing.

But this year we actually have the talent to be different, that's the most frustrating part.

I feel for their fans, we're in this mess together!

Originally posted by binary2nd:

But this year we actually have the talent to be different, that's the most frustrating part.

exactly
Billick was a WAY overrated head coach...
Originally posted by sacniner:
Billick was a WAY overrated head coach...

Why do you say that?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
David Gerrard = Alex Smith

alex isn't hurt
Share 49ersWebzone