LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

The NFL is cracking down... AGAIN!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by defenderDX:
f**k you Goodell.

That hit is legal. He didn't launch himself and did not lead with his head.
Originally posted by niners94:
f**k you Goodell.

All it takes is a mass movement from the fans to make a commissioner back down a bit.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
f**k you Goodell.

All it takes is a mass movement from the fans to make a commissioner back down a bit.

lets just see what, if any, difference there is in the actual games before talking about a revolution.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
f**k you Goodell.

that play wasn't fined, if I remember correctly, so I do not think it would warrant any fines or suspension now. They didn't change the rules, they changed the enforcement of the rules. The receiver wasn't defenseless, Willis didn't lead with his head. From what I understand that was and is a perfectly legal hit with no possible repercussions.

But that's the kind of play that will be a litmus test for the stricter enforcements. I will wait and see how the refs handle things and whether or not they use instant replay before deciding on ejections. I think the new enforcement is great in spirit, but I admit that we will have to see how it is put into practice. Players getting ejected left and right will not be good for the game.

lol i know it wasnt fined.
f**k you Goodell.

I never said it wasn't legal? lol
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Keep all the rules coming Goodell!
f**k you Goodell.

that play wasn't fined, if I remember correctly, so I do not think it would warrant any fines or suspension now. They didn't change the rules, they changed the enforcement of the rules. The receiver wasn't defenseless, Willis didn't lead with his head. From what I understand that was and is a perfectly legal hit with no possible repercussions.

But that's the kind of play that will be a litmus test for the stricter enforcements. I will wait and see how the refs handle things and whether or not they use instant replay before deciding on ejections. I think the new enforcement is great in spirit, but I admit that we will have to see how it is put into practice. Players getting ejected left and right will not be good for the game.

ok. i'm still not sure what that hit has to do with the kinds of hits the NFL is talking about in regards to their stricter enforcement.
f**k you Goodell.

ok. i'm still not sure what that hit has to do with the kinds of hits the NFL is talking about in regards to their stricter enforcement.

it doesnt? I just wish that Jet was Roger Goodell.
f**k you Goodell.

Willis would definitely be suspended for hitting Goodell like that.
f**k you Goodell.

yeah that jet's actually brad smith I believe. boy I wish someone would hit him like that. it'd be so worth it.

f**k you Goodell.

Goodell would die from that hit, the Willis would become the new commissioner
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Wow you guys seriously think blows to the head are "cool" and that eliminating them gets rid of the "toughness" of the nfl and makes this a sissy sport?

I certainly don't think that. As a matter of fact, I'm happy with the general idea of improving safety for players to prevent concussions. I just don't like this particular rule.

I've had multiple severe concussions in my life and I can tell you they are not fun. The last one I had caused me to lose the ability to speak coherently, all of my words were mixed and came out gibberish. I had severe nausea and vomited many times. I even lost all feeling on the left side of my body. It took me months to regain my full cognitive abilities.

Concussions are no joke and those are just the immediate effects.

However, this rule simply puts too much of the responsibility on the defender and not enough on the offense. Every hit in the video that shows "good" hitting form are risking suspension. If any of those offensive players lowers their helmet at the last second, there is nothing that the defender can do to adjust. I'm all for limiting hits to the head, but you can't punish a guy for trying to make a play if an accident happens. In the video, they clearly state that accidents are not an excuse. These things are going to happen no matter how hard you try to avoid them.

Also, it's gone from punishing an individual player, to punishing the whole team and it's fans by potentially removing an integral part of the defense.

I hope I'm over reacting here and they don't suspend players unless it is an obvious attempt to injure another player. Football is a game of inches and this is no exception.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
f**k Goodell. 15 fines in one day for "illegal" hits? Total bulls**t. Don't fix something that ain't f**king broke you jackass.
Originally posted by Janitor:
f**k Goodell. 15 fines in one day for "illegal" hits? Total bulls**t. Don't fix something that ain't f**king broke you jackass.

like someone said before, he's concerned about players safety now but didn't listen to them when they told him that an 18 game season would be too rough on them
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Janitor:

like someone said before, he's concerned about players safety now but didn't listen to them when they told him that an 18 game season would be too rough on them

The hypocrisy is insane. Someone on NFL channel was talking too about how the NFL is making lots of money off of the images of these hits as well.
Share 49ersWebzone