LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 349 users in the forums

Forget the hype: Who is the better CB? Asomugha or Revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wasn't Fatboy Ryan trying to tamper ...or get Asomughaaaha in the preseason?
No question Asomugha give him the supporting cast of the Jets D and Rex Ryan Defense. Asomugha by a mile. Imagine playing for the Raiders.

[ Edited by nothing03 on Oct 18, 2010 at 19:59:38 ]
Revis, when healthy. His holdout is showing though (similar to our very own Franklin).
people jump on me all the time for it but i still have little love for asomugha, obviously i wouldnt mind having him, but i still dont buy into the hype..

people try to make the argument that people dont throw to his side, however..yes they do, and even then..there are and have been a ton of those types of corners who are the 'dont throw to them' types...yet they still get their picks, i dont know how much i love a guy who had ONE good season in regards to picks...and since then (2006) has not gotten himself a single pick...and aside from that season only has 3 in his 8 year 116 game career..

so again, 116 games...11 total picks, 0 since 2006

from 04-06 when Champ Bailey was at the PEAK of his 'dont throw to him' reputation, he had 21 picks over those three seasons

Deion was THE dont throw to him guy...he didnt have a single season without at least 2 per season after he got that DMVP and really started the whole dont throw to him trend.

As far as Revis goes, he's younger, and even with really gaining that same reputation back in 08, still got 6 picks last season, and would likely have at least 1 or 2 this year had not for the injury..

inb4flame
asomugha and i've said it all along. if he played for NY, he would be hyped more than revis
Asomugha and it's not even close. Revis had ONE good year (last season) and everyone was ready to crown him King. This year, he's been exposed.

Repeatedly.
Asomugha had 1 year with 8 int. after that pretty much nothing.
I don't follow him much but it doesn't seem like he makes a lot of turnovers..
That is a good question, both are real physical defenders and have great cover skills

But Asomugha has them long arms that scare away QB's from throwing at him and has great recovery speed, Revis is a physical corner and can smother a WR, but he can be had from time to time with a good move to create space by faster WR's....Asomugha can flat out dominate any type of WR, faster or bigger, doesnt matter, he can shut down his half of the field.

Wish we had either one of them
Originally posted by baltien:
Asomugha and it's not even close. Revis had ONE good year (last season) and everyone was ready to crown him King. This year, he's been exposed.

Repeatedly.

That will happen when you show up a week before the season and then tweek your hammy.

Revis is playing at a 70% capacity level right now.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Repeatedly.

That will happen when you show up a week before the season and then tweek your hammy.

Reviscuses

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Repeatedly.

Reviscuses

Pretty logical ones too. This isn't surprising. You don't show up for camp you show up slightly out of shape and hammy injuries follow.
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Asomugha

Beast Mode.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Asomugha or Revis

No poll. Just state your opinion and tell us why. I don't know either way.

What I do know is that Revis has the NYC hype machine on his side and a better supporting cast.

Would Asomugha be as hyped with the Jets if he took Revis' place?
why do u compare a living legend with a good guy?
Nate Clements
Originally posted by tondiman:
Asomugha had 1 year with 8 int. after that pretty much nothing.
I don't follow him much but it doesn't seem like he makes a lot of turnovers..

thats because the ball doesnt get thrown to his side
Share 49ersWebzone