espn reporting niners might claim merriman

Shop 49ers game tickets
Merriman, Brooks, Lawson, Laboy, and Haralson

that is a pass rushing wet dream
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
San Francisco could be Merriman's next team

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 17, 2010 11:43 AM ET

Shawne Merriman will be released by the Chargers once he's healthy enough to play again. And it appears he will definitely play again in 2010.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Merriman wants to play in Baltimore, Miami, or Dallas. But he's unlikely to get his choice because he has to clear waivers first.

Despite a contract that pays him $3.269 million, the 49ers sound likely to put a claim on Merriman. San Francisco will have a high waiver priority because of their record. The team even debated trading for Merriman before he was released.

Schefter says that Merriman could be healthy enough to play again in the next two weeks.

LINK

i'd rather we could bring him in for a workout or something before signing him, to evaluate him and see how healthy he is, etc, but i'm in favor of bringing him in. He's not worth his salary at this point but we really, really need more of a passrush.
We need him to fail his physical with the Chargers. If he passes he becomes a UFA.
http://www.nfl.com/players/ShawneMerriman/careerstats?id=MER568200

why would anyone think his career is going to be revitalized here?
Lawson is most likely gone next year so it would make sense.

Besides, Merriman loves Cali.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
http://www.nfl.com/players/ShawneMerriman/careerstats?id=MER568200

why would anyone think his career is going to be revitalized here?

in his last 18 games he has 4 sacks, which would automatically make him our most consistent passrusher.
If we're sitting at 0-7 or 1-6 by the time he gets released I say f*ck it the season is over with. Let the guy go to a contender.

If we're 2-5 and can still make a run I'm all for taking a risk.
It's something At the very least, we know that the people making the decisions don't have their heads completely buried in the sand...or they can still hear the rumblings anyway.
It's something At the very least, we know that the people making the decisions don't have their heads completely buried in the sand...or they can still hear the rumblings anyway.

It's just too bad they had to wait for a going out of business sale to get off their damn wallets. Cheap b*****ds

It's just too bad they had to wait for a going out of business sale to get off their damn wallets. Cheap b*****ds

We need a better pass rush - period. What we currently have is not getting it done. So, I'd take the risk-reward secenario and scoop him up.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We need a better pass rush - period. What we currently have is not getting it done. So, I'd take the risk-reward secenario and scoop him up.

plus Manusky has coached him before
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Shawne Merriman is hopeful of being granted his release by Tuesday.
To be exact, Merriman will be "waived" as opposed to released because he's not a vested veteran. According to Schefter, the 49ers would be interested in placing a claim on the once-feared pass rusher. Merriman is reportedly hoping to play for the Ravens, Cowboys, or Dolphins.

rotoworld
A change of scenery could do him wonders, and at 0-5 I think the 49ers will take all the help they can get.
Do it. We have nothing to lose!
Share 49ersWebzone