Originally posted by northvan49erman:
saw it on the pregame show. I think it was schefter or mortenson

thoughts?

Need a boost to our pass rush, makes sense

thoughts?

it was adam.
Can't hurt. He's broken down since he stopped using roids.
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

thoughts?

Need a boost to our pass rush, makes sense

Also Manusky makes us a likely spot just because of his connection to SD and Merriman, so even if our team isn't even thinking about it, they'll report we are a likely spot because of that connection and we run a 3-4
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I think it would be a worthy project!
Hopefully we can revamp this fool. Get him on some downl ow low low roids.
Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch about a link, I can confirm it. Just saw the same thing on the ESPN pregame show.

He said Merriman wants to play for other teams, (Miami and the Ravens I think, could have been the Jets), but that if they put him on waivers, SF is likely to pick him up before he becomes a free agent.

He also said we came close to trading for him before and the we have been keep our eyes on him for a while.
  • RKab
  • Veteran
The report said Merriman wanted to go to Miami or Baltimore but if he is released after the trade deadline that SF would have a high waiver pick and could grab him there.

Also said that SF was internally considering trading for Merriman but it was unclear if they meant in the past or are currently trying to get a deal done.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch about a link, I can confirm it. Just saw the same thing on the ESPN pregame show.

He said Merriman wants to play for other teams, (Miami and the Ravens I think, could have been the Jets), but that if they put him on waivers, SF is likely to pick him up before he becomes a free agent.

He also said we came close to trading for him before and the we have been keep our eyes on him for a while.

Thats where we all saw it.

Poor guy. Goes from San Diego to us lol. He wants to go to a winning Team clearly. Hopefully if he does come here he can be happy and get s**t going like he used to.
  • RKab
  • Veteran
His production has gone down quite a bit. Would be a project but couldn't hurt. I think Laboy has done well, Haralson leaves a lot to be desired and Brooks hasn't seen a ton of snaps as he gets back into the swing of things.

Man that 2005 1st round draft class is brutal, Merriman was one of the only bright spots for a while.
trade them haralson, just to get rid of him.
will he get cut?
Quote:
San Francisco could be Merriman's next team

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 17, 2010 11:43 AM ET

Shawne Merriman will be released by the Chargers once he's healthy enough to play again. And it appears he will definitely play again in 2010.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Merriman wants to play in Baltimore, Miami, or Dallas. But he's unlikely to get his choice because he has to clear waivers first.

Despite a contract that pays him $3.269 million, the 49ers sound likely to put a claim on Merriman. San Francisco will have a high waiver priority because of their record. The team even debated trading for Merriman before he was released.

Schefter says that Merriman could be healthy enough to play again in the next two weeks.

LINK
Share 49ersWebzone