LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Would You Bring Back Steve Mariucci

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would You Bring Back Steve Mariucci

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by TN-Niner:
Funny how th w zone can give nolan years some are even still on board with sing
but Mooch who was miles better and at least sniffed a super bowl gets this treatment.
some things I just do not get

What's not to get its the dorks who run the team.
Originally posted by backontop:
If I remember correctly when he was the HC, fans were complaining he was to vanilla and to conservative. I believe that was the reason why he got fired as well.

The only reason he got fired was because Donahue had the Yorks in his backpocket and that was the only ammo needed to get rid of him. I highly doubt any legitimate franchise would've fired Mariucci after 4 playoff appearances (2 of which were AFTER a rebuilding effort--impressive).

But to be honest, Mariucci was pretty conservative for an offensive-minded West Coast Offense disciple.

As 49er fans, we were spoiled back then because we had a history of aggressive powerhouses on offense.

I think Mariucci could do it. He, with Bill Walsh's help as GM, did go through a rebuilding process with us once before. I don't blame him for Millen's idiocy in Detriot.

The question isn't, would Mariucci be a good fit... it'd be, would Mariucci WANT to come back? We fired him after 4 playoff berths. You only do that if it's a team that continues to lose in the playoffs and the team is SUPER TALENTED. The Chargers firing Schottenheimer, IMO, was legit. No idea about the Norv Turner replacement, but that's not the point. Mariucci wasn't the problem back then. Sure, he had some things we didn't like, but he's a good coach.
Originally posted by Jcool:
who wants to start the "Would You Bring Back George Seifert" poll???

That, or "Bring Back Zombie Bill Walsh."

Let it go, folks. If Mooch is the solution we've got bigger problems than I thought.
Share 49ersWebzone