LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Would You Bring Back Steve Mariucci

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would You Bring Back Steve Mariucci

Hell yes, I would. But he wouldn't do it, and neither would the Yorks.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
As appealing as an annual divisional round appearance is in comparison to what we have now is, sorry, but no thanks.

NFC Championship in 97
Divisional in 98
Wild Card in 01
Divisional in 02

6 years.....2 separate generations of Niner teams.....4 playoff berths.

I agree that the guy seems to go girly when the team's up big, but if he can correct that, he's a good offensive minded coach.

He knows how to tailor to player's strengths. He took advantage of Garcia's short height, mobile legs, and weak arm. Garcia was a probowler with him.....a nothing after him.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

In addition, I think he would be an even better coach than he was then, as he has obviously learned a helluva lot since then.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
who wants to start the "Would You Bring Back George Seifert" poll???
Funny how th w zone can give nolan years some are even still on board with sing
but Mooch who was miles better and at least sniffed a super bowl gets this treatment.
some things I just do not get
Originally posted by TN-Niner:
but Mooch who was miles better and at least sniffed a super bowl gets this treatment.

I hear you, but the talent level of these different teams you're mentioning are miles apart.
NO! He lacks killer instinct. I don't want to beat the other teams - I want to bury them and destroy them. Gruden & Cower know how to kill. They get my vote.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
f**k Steve Mariucci!

nothing but a quitter.

I hear you, but the talent level of these different teams you're mentioning are miles apart.

I might agree, but who knows what talent we have here. We do not coach it up and we do not utilize it properly. How many players have left here to go on elsewhere and play well? And this has been going on for years.

Yes, Mooch had more talent, but my point is that we cannot accurately gauge what the talent level today is.
I tend to think Mooch could have this team in the playoffs myself.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Mooch would do a good job with this set of players. He's a player's coach and he knows Xs and Os.

And he's a real head coach.....he knows how to run a team.

And he's the last guy the Yprk's would hire after what they did to him, and what happened in the aftermath.

Rehiring him would be the ultimate mea culpa for the Yorks....that's not something they are prepared to do.
No he has been out of the league for a long time. You can't be out of coaching and succeed
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
As appealing as an annual divisional round appearance is in comparison to what we have now is, sorry, but no thanks.

NFC Championship in 97
Divisional in 98
Wild Card in 01
Divisional in 02

6 years.....2 separate generations of Niner teams.....4 playoff berths.

I agree that the guy seems to go girly when the team's up big, but if he can correct that, he's a good offensive minded coach.

He knows how to tailor to player's strengths. He took advantage of Garcia's short height, mobile legs, and weak arm. Garcia was a probowler with him.....a nothing after him.

Well, to be fair to Garcia, he was getting older by that time... he went to a terrible Browns team, and did very well in Philadelphia when McNabb went down. But it IS true that Mariucci was able to get a lot out of Garcia.
Share 49ersWebzone