LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 191 users in the forums

Would You Bring Back Steve Mariucci

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would You Bring Back Steve Mariucci

For those who think firing Mooch without anyone ready to replace him set off a chain of events that has kept us out of the playoffs ever since (7 years and counting), for those who want to bring back the WCO, and for those who think everyone currently in place is inept...I've heard Jon Gruden's name out there, and while he's won a SB, I think all of the other reasons to get Gruden apply to Mooch, plus some additional sentimental value for the fans.

Personally I thought Steve was a good coach, not great, but I doubt he wants to work for a York ever again.
MAAAAAAAAAAAN HELLL NAW

I'm on probation,Craig, I aint even supposed to be over here.
I say no.

The thing that always pissed me off with Mariucci was that he never went for the throat! It seemed like he was always worried about his reputation around the league. If we had a lead in the game, we would immediately turn into a powder puff team. We lost a lot of games that way.
F NO
he should have never been fired
If I remember correctly when he was the HC, fans were complaining he was to vanilla and to conservative. I believe that was the reason why he got fired as well.
i didn't think firing him was the right choice at the time, but i bringing him back now wouldn't correct that mistake.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
he should have never been fired
As appealing as an annual divisional round appearance is in comparison to what we have now is, sorry, but no thanks.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 16, 2010 at 14:35:16 ]
The bigger question is would Mooch want to come back? Why on earth would he want to come back when he was fired after a playoff year? It's like asking Schottenheimer to come back to the Chargers after firing him when he led them to the playoffs every year.

Originally posted by backontop:
If I remember correctly when he was the HC, fans were complaining he was to vanilla and to conservative. I believe that was the reason why he got fired as well.

My recollection as well. I liked the guy, but not sure he is what we need
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
no
Not a chance. Jim Harbauugh is the guy I would go after with John Gruden as my #2 choice.

Mooch... been there done that. We need a new direction and I think Harbaugh is exactly the guy who can give it to us.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
MAAAAAAAAAAAN HELLL NAW

I'm on probation,Craig, I aint even supposed to be over here.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
QB coach only.
Share 49ersWebzone