There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ranking the top head coaches in the NFL (1-32)

Coaching Rankings
Sounds about right.
They got #32 right anyway.
Wait, so you're linking to your own website?

Some quick thoughts:

I don't think Jeff Fisher should be rated that high, I feel he's way overrated. The Titans are always average.

I think Tomlin should be lower as well. He inherited a Super Bowl caliber team and has benefited greatly from the people around him. Not saying that it's easy to coach a team and win a Super Bowl, but I feel he gets more credit than he deserves. It's weird to me seeing Tomlin and 6 and Caldwell at 20, when they're basically in the same position.

I feel like Jim Schwartz and Steve Spagnuolo should be higher. They're still new with their teams, but they've taken really bad teams and made them (at least) respectable.

Other than that I think it looks good.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Sounds about right.

Exactly. Its Chucky time.
Lol! How are Jeff Fischer and John Fox above Mike McCarthy?

Both Fischer and Fox are overrated IMHO.

But good list nonetheless.
Originally posted by Jabuke:
Some quick thoughts:

I don't think Jeff Fisher should be rated that high, I feel he's way overrated. The Titans are always average.

I think Tomlin should be lower as well. He inherited a Super Bowl caliber team and has benefited greatly from the people around him. Not saying that it's easy to coach a team and win a Super Bowl, but I feel he gets more credit than he deserves. It's weird to me seeing Tomlin and 6 and Caldwell at 20, when they're basically in the same position.

I feel like Jim Schwartz and Steve Spagnuolo should be higher. They're still new with their teams, but they've taken really bad teams and made them (at least) respectable.

Other than that I think it looks good.

Thank you for the feedback. Fisher is an excellent coach who has developed his own coordinator's, lost them to HC jobs (Gregg Williams, Jim Schwartz) and still keeps on developing new (DC) good coordinators. He has avg 9 wins a year with decent talent but not elite talent. I feel he is a terrific head coach. I do agree that Jim Schwartz and Spags are on the way up.
Originally posted by Hades49:

McCarthy is a very good playcaller and a decent head coach but have you watched the Packers play? Very sloppy, a lot of penalty's.
agreed
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

McCarthy is a very good playcaller and a decent head coach but have you watched the Packers play? Very sloppy, a lot of penalty's.

Good point. I can understand that.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Wait, so you're linking to your own website?

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Good point. I can understand that.

jeff fischer over rated is a joke!!!!!

competitive team year in year out for a long time
Mike Singletary and the San Francisco 49'ers eh?
Man that's a lot of run on sentences.

I agree with most of the list, though. Sad to see, but #32 is very correct.