LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Shawne Merriman Bandwagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

Signing Merriman couldn't be this easy.

If we have even 2 or 3 wins by the time he's released we really better do it. He's basically just been dogging it in SD since they didn't want to pay him and he hates their organization. GET HIM NOW.

I don't know about this take on it. I can't speak for anyone other than myself but if it's me, there's absolutely no way I'm throwing away millions (if not tens of millions) in salary and endorsements by half assing it out there. Merriman's not the smartest man on the planet, but I know he understands the concept of play for pay; that's a fact in this league and this "doggin' it" scenario just doesn't add up to me...

What adds up is his play declining virtually immediately after surgery to reconstruct the PCL and LCL ligaments in his knee along with his ankle problems and whatever other injuries the guy has picked up since, that have kept him out of the lineup. And let's not forget the dubious steroid thing.

Is he unhappy SD? You can be sure of that. The owner's a dick and so is the coach. Would he assassinate his own career by deliberately choosing not to play up to his ability in a contract year? Again, I can't speak for him, but I wouldn't.

If the price is right and he wants to be here then I would say we have nothing to lose. Our pass rush can't get any more impotent. But if he thinks he's going to walk into another guaranteed contract after the direction his career has taken then I would take that as a sign that this guy's more trouble than he's worth. Ball's completely in his court; I'm sure the 9ers are interested once he's available.

[ Edited by NatralBrnThrila on Oct 13, 2010 at 12:28:34 ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Where do you think Merriman might end up after he is no longer a Charger?

1:16 Jay Glazer: The smart money would be to reunite him withi his former LB coach in San Francisco, Greg Manusky. There was interest this off-season. If he can stay healthy he would definitely give that defense a shot it needs
Wednesday October 13, 2010 1:16 Jay Glazer

Damn good find valrod!!!!!!

This pretty much means Merriman to the 9ers....right???

Oh i didnt find that, some dude in niner talk posted it i jsut borrowed it

So what....nice borrow.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He is a washed up woman beater..no thanks.

f**k that, Tila Tequila is a lying whore and Merriman is still a good player. I don't know why every time some reality star who makes her living sucking and f**king comes out with an accusation people believe them. This isn't the girl Ben Roethlessberger raped who was a college student trapped in a bathroom. Tequila is a drugged up myspace whore who will do anything for attention. I don't believe her one bit. Furthermore, you always see underperforming players change teams and be rejuvenated.
Low risk high reward signing. He's got a lot to prove and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. I'm down! How serious is his recent injury?
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
Low risk high reward signing. He's got a lot to prove and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. I'm down! How serious is his recent injury?

It was said to be a minor injury.
it can only help......if hes not totally washed up

[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 13, 2010 at 13:40:08 ]
Broken down LB

No thanks
Sign him so we can start a new thread bashing him in NT
Hasn't been the same player since his knee injury in 2008.

Not worth anything more than the league minimum.
when would he be available? I'd be cool with bringing him in for a look.

Originally posted by HessianDud:

whenever he is healthy, Schefter tweeted the IR that he is on right now is for injuries no longer than 6 weeks. So at the worst he would be available in 6 weeks
Originally posted by HessianDud:

whenever he is healthy, Schefter tweeted the IR that he is on right now is for injuries no longer than 6 weeks. So at the worst he would be available in 6 weeks

cool, thanks. Yeah, if he's available then we should bring him in for a workout and see what he's got left. I think he's probably done but if he's got another year and a half in him, just being a role-player, not an every-down starter, even, and he could be had cheap, then we should take a chance.

f**k that, Tila Tequila is a lying whore and Merriman is still a good player. I don't know why every time some reality star who makes her living sucking and f**king comes out with an accusation people believe them. This isn't the girl Ben Roethlessberger raped who was a college student trapped in a bathroom. Tequila is a drugged up myspace whore who will do anything for attention. I don't believe her one bit. Furthermore, you always see underperforming players change teams and be rejuvenated.

Exactly! You are only allowed to smack your woman if she lies.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

Exactly! You are only allowed to smack your woman if she lies.

WTF? I never said he was allowed to smack anyone. But if she starts a fight with him I think he has a right to fight back. And what I'm saying is I don't believe her allegations PERIOD. I think she lied about pretty much everything. It's not like he ever went to jail or got sentenced for it.
I applaud the beating of Tila Tequila.

he probably discovered the cock and got pissed. Can't blame him.
Share 49ersWebzone