LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Nike Awarded NFL Apparel License, Replacing Reebok

Shop 49ers game tickets
Oct. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Nike Inc., the world’s largest sporting-goods provider, will replace Reebok as the maker of National Football League-branded apparel and uniforms in a bid to drive sales growth in its largest market.

NFL owners approved a licensing deal with Nike that will begin in 2012, the league said in an e-mailed statement today. Reebok, which was acquired by Adidas AG in 2006, has held the license since 2001. The agreement will last five seasons, Brian McCarthy, a spokesman for the NFL, said in an e-mail

The NFL’s agreement with Nike doesn’t include headwear, which was part of the Reebok deal. NFL-branded hats will be made by New Era Cap Co., based in Buffalo, New York, and the ‘47 Brand from Boston-based Twins Enterprise Inc.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-10-12/nike-awarded-nfl-apparel-license-replacing-reebok.html
good b/c reebok makes some terrible looking hats Hopefully they make some better looking niner apparel
Sweet. My Nike stock is going up up up! I've been a Nike guy for as long as I can remember.
Originally posted by lamontb:
good b/c reebok makes some terrible looking hats Hopefully they make some better looking niner apparel

This! F*CK Reebok hats! They hella suck!

Awesome

I've always loved nikes college uni's. Obv they wont be like that in the pros but Reebok kinda sucks.
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by lamontb:

This! F*CK Reebok hats! They hella suck!

Every dam year the draft hats come out I say ok this year they gonna make a better looking hat. And every dam year it looks like crap.
Good. Nike>Reebok
Wow nice. Reebok is the reason why NFL apparel like hats or shoes never took off as well as basketball shoes due to the fact Reebok sucks.
Awesome, we're gonna get higher quality fan gear in 2012. Nike is the most creative sports/shoe apparel company in the entire f**king world.

I remember when Nike owned the NFL license back in the late 90s, some of the best f**king NFL merchandise came out around then.
I was kind of hoping when it was time, Adidas would make a run at it. I am an Adidas guy and think their stuff is better.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I was kind of hoping when it was time, Adidas would make a run at it. I am an Adidas guy and think their stuff is better.

This.

Adidas is bad-ass.
I liked it better when NFL apparel was made by Payless/Pro Wings
ABOUT TIME BABY!!!
Nike's sports monopoly continues...

I wish the individual teams could pick their own
Share 49ersWebzone