LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

If Cowboys fire Wade Phillps, do we have a new DC?

Shop 49ers game tickets
It depends if Gruden wants him as his DC
Would absolutely love this....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so bipolar...last year Manusky was a god on this board, now he's not even considered a good DC anymore.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
so bipolar...last year Manusky was a god on this board, now he's not even considered a good DC anymore.

i didnt say he wasnt good

but wade has a better track record and way more experience
I'd welcome Wade with open arms if he would come here to be the DC.

I've lost faith in Manusky. The league has figuered his schemes out and he has yet to make any adjustments to counter the other teams. Just look at how well SF plays a screen pass and how they have adjusted to making one of the best LBs in the game ineffective.

Manusky is the most uncreative defensive coordinator ive ever seen
HC - Gruden
OC/assistant HC - Harbaugh
DC - Phillips

Now wheres the 'drooling' smiley...
I would love to get Phillips as DC if Sing gets canned.

If the defense continues to play as they have been, I think Manusky will stay if Sing does.
Originally posted by Genius1310:
HC - Gruden
DC - Phillips

It's right there next to the "not going to happen" smiley and the "in your dreams" smiley.

Why Gruden anyway?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by Homo4Romo:
Wade Phillips can usually generate sacks, but with us we hardly create any turnovers. A couple of weeks ago against the Texans one of our ILB's got a pick. It was the first one by an ILB since 2006. So don't expect a lot of turnovers if you guys get him.

I feel the current cowboy difference is different than the Charger one of a few years back. Granted Merriman was juicing it... but man o man that Def. was no joke.

They definitely had more movement pre-snap. Merriman had countless sacks where no one even touched him, but with the Cowboys his blitzes are ineffective. Ware and Spencer just have to beat their man straight up.

Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

You must not have heard of Billy Davis.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElinNordegren:
HC - Gruden
DC - Phillips

It's right there next to the "not going to happen" smiley and the "in your dreams" smiley.

Why Gruden anyway?

I don't think Harbaugh makes the jump to be a coordinator.
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by ElinNordegren:
HC - Gruden
DC - Phillips

Why Gruden anyway?

I don't think Harbaugh makes the jump to be a coordinator.

Yeah and if Harbaugh has any success, he's going to be a interviewing for HC within a year.

-9fA
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

You must not have heard of Billy Davis.

I said seen, not heard of
I was thinking about this the other day, i think it would be great if that happens.
Share 49ersWebzone