LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Player or Team?

Shop 49ers game tickets
If your all-time favorite player from your favorite team left, would you follow the player or stay with the team?

-Scout

[ Edited by scout200 on Oct 11, 2010 at 13:39:11 ]
Isn't this the question that a lot of people had when Montana was let go?

I think that's the only situation where this becomes a serious question.

I used to really like Ahmed Plummer, Jamie Winborn, Jeff Garcia, a few years back... sometimes (with the exception of Garcia) a player has got to go!
Originally posted by Wubbie:

I used to really like Ahmed Plummer, Jamie Winborn, Jeff Garcia, a few years back... sometimes (with the exception of Garcia) a player has got to go!

one of my friends became a raider fan (and still is) because jerry rice went there.

sad.
Team. I like the niners cause they are my home team.
Team, no question.
When Montana left, I stayed a Niner fan. I still followed him and wished him success, but when his Chiefs played out Niners, it was the Niners I rooted for.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:

I usually never follow a second team, but kept an eye on the Chiefs when Montana went there, that was the only time I did that and have been an NFL fan for over 40 years.
if team still has other guys I like, then I'll stick with them

otherwise I'll follow the player
Definitely Team, although if there's a guy I really like I'll still route for them if the're not playing the Niners.
Team, always.

If a player I really like goes elsewhere without being a dick about it then I'll root for him. I've always rooted for Garcia because I thought it was dumb that we let him go, for instance, but I've never rooted for TO.

Share 49ersWebzone