LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by bracus:
Originally posted by Muggins879:
Originally posted by boast:
Mike Brown confirmed that Carson did ask for trade. Mike Brown also confirmed the Bengals are not trading him.
Palmer then said he would retire if they don't trade him. lol

Yeah, they'll definitely trade him. Just hopefully to us lol.

Be careful what you wish for, next thing you know they send Gore to Cinci everyone starts crying.

Gore wont want to go especially if he knows he'll have to share the load with Benson I Know its NOT Gore's choice but I dont think he'll want to go especially working as hard as he has to get this close to the playoffs and get dumped to a lousy team...dont think the Niners brass would do that either...
[ Edited by SashRoxx-1 on Jan 24, 2011 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by bracus:
Originally posted by Muggins879:
Originally posted by boast:
Mike Brown confirmed that Carson did ask for trade. Mike Brown also confirmed the Bengals are not trading him.
Palmer then said he would retire if they don't trade him. lol

Yeah, they'll definitely trade him. Just hopefully to us lol.

Lets trade them Carr, Chilo, and Ginn for Palmer. That's 2 first round picks and a second for one First round pick.

why get rid of Ginn?? He has given us the element of a good KR we have not had in years

We have to sweeten the deal somehow and Ginn is unproven just enough to tantalize other teams into a deal. BTW, he hasn't been that good on KR (about average IMO).

come on now. ted ginn isn't tantalizing to any team into a deal.
Originally posted by K-Rise:
Won't happen

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81de30d7/article/bengals-harbor-no-plans-to-trade-palmer-hire-childress

Brown has to say this or Palmer's value plummets just like Palmer has to threaten to retire or the Bengals have no real incentive to trade him.

The thing I like about Palmer is he is still relatively young so he buys us a few years to find a young QB for Harbaugh to develop. I'm just really not crazy about any of the options in this year's draft.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I remember how i saw this one comin.. i knew back in October that Palmer may be the QB we need in this team if we can offer Cincy a two 2nd rounder (this and next years).. Cincy would then draft a QB to start fresh all over again..

If Palmer agree to a lesser contract, then we can draft PRINCE on the 7th spot, and then draft another QB in the late round.. maybe, the once promising Mitch Mustain of USC and allow him to develop behind David Carr.

Let's just forget about how his contract is so huge and no one will trade for him because of it. Let's just put that aside for a minute and pretend it's a reasonable contract. No one would trade one 2nd round pick for Palmer let alone two. No one.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just do it.
Originally posted by K-Rise:
Won't happen

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81de30d7/article/bengals-harbor-no-plans-to-trade-palmer-hire-childress

I don't think it matters. It's obvious the ties with SF are his wife's. If your married you know damn well, he'll probably go if she wants to go. Hell, that might even have been the reason we got Harbaugh. They will trade him, he'll hold out.
I think if the Niners do get Palmer Harbaugh will Make him a probowl QB again...
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
I think if the Niners do get Palmer Harbaugh will Make him a probowl QB again...

yup.

Then Crabtree will make the pro-bowl, and change his name to Michael Uno Cinco.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

yup.

Like Shanahan did with McNabb? Hehe.

this is the best thing that could happen to Cincinnati, and the WORST thing that can happen to us.

I thought they were f**ked for another year because Marvin Lewis came back and would have kept Palmer starting.....but now .

Palmer better not come here .

its not just his QBrating....forget that... yall need to watch all the highlights this year from Bengal games...watch how they lose...or what lead up to them losing. Check out what type of turnovers occurred. If you did, some of yall here would be singing a different tune.

I was like some of you here. Remembering Palmer's ProBowl seasons....but then I watched every Bengals game this year .

don't take my word for it, watch it yourself at NFL.com.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
this is the best thing that could happen to Cincinnati, and the WORST thing that can happen to us.

I thought they were f**ked for another year because Marvin Lewis came back and would have kept Palmer starting.....but now .

its not just his QBrating....forget that... yall need to watch all the highlights this year from Bengal games...watch how they lose...or what lead up to them losing. Check out what type of turnovers occurred. If you did, some of yall here would be singing a different tune.

I was like some of you here. Remembering Palmer's ProBowl seasons....but then I watched every Bengals game this year .

Finally, the voice of reason.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Afrikan:

His skills are obviously on the decline but we need a veteran QB until the rookie is ready.
I'd take him and another up and comer at FA (like a Hanie, Ratliff, etc.) or unless I can get J.Johnson to back him up. My 3rd. stringer would be a draft pick for sure..
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

yup.

Like Shanahan did with McNabb? Hehe.

I dont think Shannahan is Harbaugh......I know Shannahan was the OC with the Niners and coach of the broncos with their SBs in the 90s but...with the Niners S Young was already an established QB with Denver again Elway was established. What has Shannahan done with teams that had to be built up? I know Harbaugh s area was in Colloege but he took a Laughing stock (Stanford) and made them a powerhouse. Then I look at what he did with R Gannon,,,not a whole lot there til he went to oakland where Harbaugh his coach turned him into a QB that brought the Raiders to the SB and unfortunately J Rice suffered his only SB loss
Share 49ersWebzone