2012: $11.5 million,
2013: $13 million,
2014: $14 million,
2015: Free Agent
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by bracus:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
No higher then a fourth round pick for him. I really dont think hes much better then ALex these days.

With much better receivers than the 49ers offer, he just barely rated better than Alex. Still, he might be the best in a weak field.

I don't even think they're comparable. At best Alex was barely mediocre. Palmer showed he can be a pro-bowler. I do know he (like Alex) is a product of a bad O-coordinator too though.
That was before his knee injury. Since then he has been in the bottom half of league QBs. Even when not playing the Ravens or Steelers he has not shown all that much considering the quality of his WRs.

People thought Warner was done before he joined the Cardinals. I think Palmer could have a resurgence in SF.
No higher then a fourth round pick for him. I really dont think hes much better then ALex these days.

With much better receivers than the 49ers offer, he just barely rated better than Alex. Still, he might be the best in a weak field.

I don't even think they're comparable. At best Alex was barely mediocre. Palmer showed he can be a pro-bowler. I do know he (like Alex) is a product of a bad O-coordinator too though.
That was before his knee injury. Since then he has been in the bottom half of league QBs. Even when not playing the Ravens or Steelers he has not shown all that much considering the quality of his WRs.

he had his best game of the year when TO and Ocho were both out. But yeah, at this point, he is really just a stop gap. There's slight potential that he could still return to his pro-bowl days, but its not a guarantee, obviously, which is why I wouldn't want to give up much for him. I think he would be a great pickup for a 5th, which might not be realistic.
Man that would be great and give us so many options
Originally posted by boast:
no one is going to trade for him unless he's willing to redo his contract

2011: $11.5 million,
2012: $11.5 million,
2013: $13 million,
2014: $14 million,
2015: Free Agent

ewww. no way i would pay him that much.
Not gonna happen folks. Cincy's ownership is super cheap, and they aren't about making trades. and he never gets rids of a guy that demands to be traded. i really wouldn't mind him or McNabb but folks would have to realize that they are both declining at this point in there career. I would rather have McNabb mentor and tutor a young qb though. Has much more playoff experience and has won more big games than Palmer. Not sure if Palmer has even played well in any big time games since being on the Bengals.
Palmer Johnson and Devlin
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
On the Dan Patrick show
15min in

He's never been wrong with stuff like this. He said "he knew about him wanting out a few months ago". He was told in confidence about it. And he said "He wants to go to San Fran". That was before the coaching change. Don't know if that makes a difference.

now that harbaugh took over im sure he REALLY REALLY wants to come to the 9ers now. 1st things 1st mike brown has to allow that to happen and we have to be interested

I don't see that happening. He's not about getting rid of any player that demands to be.

Just seen boast's post about Palmer's salary and he's gonna have to take a pay cut on that.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 24, 2011 at 9:59 AM ]
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Muggins879:
Mike Brown confirmed that Carson did ask for trade. Mike Brown also confirmed the Bengals are not trading him.
Palmer then said he would retire if they don't trade him. lol

Yeah, they'll definitely trade him. Just hopefully to us lol.

Lets trade them Carr, Chilo, and Ginn for Palmer. That's 2 first round picks and a second for one First round pick.

why get rid of Ginn?? He has given us the element of a good KR we have not had in years
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I remember how i saw this one comin.. i knew back in October that Palmer may be the QB we need in this team if we can offer Cincy a two 2nd rounder (this and next years).. Cincy would then draft a QB to start fresh all over again..

If Palmer agree to a lesser contract, then we can draft PRINCE on the 7th spot, and then draft another QB in the late round.. maybe, the once promising Mitch Mustain of USC and allow him to develop behind David Carr.

Won't happen

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81de30d7/article/bengals-harbor-no-plans-to-trade-palmer-hire-childress
Originally posted by miked1978:
Man that would be great and give us so many options

First the CBA would need to get straightened out but if it did, it would be smart for Harbaugh to go after him. Then you go after CBs with the 1st 2 picks and get a QB to groom in the later rounds. And......he would be cheaper trade wise than what the Eagles are looking to receive for Kolb.
Bring him in, draft Prince at #7 and a QB to develop later on in the draft. That would make me a very happy Niner fan.
  • dj43
Originally posted by HessianDud:

he had his best game of the year when TO and Ocho were both out. But yeah, at this point, he is really just a stop gap. There's slight potential that he could still return to his pro-bowl days, but its not a guarantee, obviously, which is why I wouldn't want to give up much for him. I think he would be a great pickup for a 5th, which might not be realistic.
Jerome Simpson had a breakout day that day. The Bengals have quite a few young receivers with potential. The receiver situation there may be as good or better than the 49ers.

If Palmer is willing to redo his contract, he could have some good days there again...if he has anything left in the tank. Like you, I very much doubt Cincy would give him up for a 5th.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Muggins879:
Mike Brown confirmed that Carson did ask for trade. Mike Brown also confirmed the Bengals are not trading him.
Palmer then said he would retire if they don't trade him. lol

Yeah, they'll definitely trade him. Just hopefully to us lol.

Lets trade them Carr, Chilo, and Ginn for Palmer. That's 2 first round picks and a second for one First round pick.

why get rid of Ginn?? He has given us the element of a good KR we have not had in years

We have to sweeten the deal somehow and Ginn is unproven just enough to tantalize other teams into a deal. BTW, he hasn't been that good on KR (about average IMO).
Share 49ersWebzone