There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

I would love to get Carson Palmer on the team. He's familiar with the WCO. I think this season he's gotten pretty close to being back in form. Another season, who knows... With a solid run game going, he could look very good.

We're a team that people dare to throw because they need to watch our run. Carson could throw...it might be enough to turn our entire offense around.

The more I think about it, the more excited I become.

I'd give em a 3rd and a conditional pick for Carson...knee jerk? sure...but I think he adds what we need.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I really don't trust Carson

Ask ur self this who do u trust more Carson or Carr, A. Smith, and a rookie QB? I say Carson this division is winnable if we only got at least an above average QB play.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I would love to get Carson Palmer on the team. He's familiar with the WCO. I think this season he's gotten pretty close to being back in form. Another season, who knows... With a solid run game going, he could look very good.

We're a team that people dare to throw because they need to watch our run. Carson could throw...it might be enough to turn our entire offense around.

I'd give em a 3rd and a conditional pick for Carson...knee jerk? sure...but I think he adds what we need.

And don't forget Carson plays on one of the toughest division with one of the best defense The Ravens and Steelers imagine him playing against the crappy Seachickens, Rams, and Cardinals defense his stat might be a lot better.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I really don't trust Carson

Ask ur self this who do u trust more Carson or Carr, A. Smith, and a rookie QB? I say Carson this division is winnable if we only got at least an above average QB play.

Carson hasn't done a lot recently and has had better WR's for the last few years then this team could of ever dreamed of.

Look at his INT's

I would rather go with a younger more athletic #2...Dixon really intrigues me. Plus Carson's trade value might be very high...along with his salary.
Owens has never been known for his hands..you need someone dependable to go with his big play ability (which I haven't seen much of lately)...more what does cincy have in the way of the running game? Not much, is it? Allows team to sit back as opposed to putting 9 in the box like they do on us.
Get Carson and draft a young QB to be developed behind him. If Harbaugh can revive Carson's career, then great - he can have a 3-4 year career with us while the young QB develops (ala Aaron Rodgers style).

I will have no problem with Carson Palmer, as long as we also have a back-up plan.
Originally posted by nothing03:

And don't forget Carson plays on one of the toughest division with one of the best defense The Ravens and Steelers imagine him playing against the crappy Seachickens, Rams, and Cardinals defense his stat might be a lot better.

Good point. That's 4 games going up against two of the top defenses every year.
Owens has never been known for his hands..you need someone dependable to go with his big play ability (which I haven't seen much of lately)...more what does cincy have in the way of the running game? Not much, is it? Allows team to sit back as opposed to putting 9 in the box like they do on us.

They were 9th in rushing last year...not sure what happened but they still have Benson.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Get Carson and draft a young QB to be developed behind him. If Harbaugh can revive Carson's career, then great - he can have a 3-4 year career with us while the young QB develops (ala Aaron Rodgers style).

I will have no problem with Carson Palmer, as long as we also have a back-up plan.

I'm a big believer in grooming someone up. If we don't grab anyone this season, I'd be estatic to pick up Luck next season in the middle of the 1st when his stock falls because he didn't make or win the BCS championship :)
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I'm a big believer in grooming someone up. If we don't grab anyone this season, I'd be estatic to pick up Luck next season in the middle of the 1st when his stock falls because he didn't make or win the BCS championship :)

I personally feel that the sooner we start the process (of grooming a QB) the better off we will be. Luck is no guarantee, and there are some very talented QBs in this year's draft. So, I don't want to waste another year.

Use a draft pick in 2nd round on a QB and if Luck is available at our pick next year - then we can figure out what to do then. But, let's get started on finding our franchise QB this year - whether it's in the draft on through the trade.
im all for palmer to SF.

he is although do 50M over the rest of his deal, but non is guaranteed.

Could proabably get a re-done/extended deal with him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by cory4903:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Carson Palmer reportedly wants out of Cincinnati

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/carson-palmer-wants-out-of-cincinnati/

I wouldn't give up much to get him from the Bengals, but if they would take a 5th rounder or less I wouldn't mind that trade.

Before his injuries (mostly his elbow injury), Palmer was on the verge of becoming one of the elite QB's in the league. I remember discussions of placing him in the top 5 QB's in the league.

What are your thoughts about Palmer?

I think just like Alex, some change of scenery could do him some good.

I definitely like the thought of Palmer more than the thought of Smith or McNabb, but ONLY if we also draft or bring in some young talent to develop. Palmer as a 2-3 year stop gap sounds good.

He's the best option available imo.

agreed, only option I would rather see would be Kevin Kolb but only if the asking price came down

No way Philly trades Kolb when he's only going to make less than $2M. The only scenerio I can see is if Kolb demands a trade so he can be a starter some where else.

lol 2nd stringers don't demand trades

Why not? He should be a starter some where else.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/01/inside-the-49ers/report-bengals%E2%80%99-palmer-wants-to-be-traded/

Quote:
Palmer, the 2002 Heisman Trophy winner at USC, grew up in Southern California and his wife, Shaelynn, was raised in San Francisco.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/01/inside-the-49ers/report-bengals%E2%80%99-palmer-wants-to-be-traded/

Quote:
Palmer, the 2002 Heisman Trophy winner at USC, grew up in Southern California and his wife, Shaelynn, was raised in San Francisco.

Originally posted by communist:
are u kidding me??? palmer sucks this season...did u really see his games??? no sorry, i would rather go one year back and trade for mcnabb than only think a second about hiring carson palmer...
i understand the disappointment about smith but that goes too far...if mr palmer could take a seat on the bench from day one without a bad word, ok. but i dont wanna see him starting here. period.

Given the choice between McNabb and Palmer, I would rather take McNabb for sure.