There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Does Cincy run the WCO?

He might not but I can tell you that none of the rookie QB's do and none of the QB's on our roster do.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by MoRocka:
I believe he played in a WCO system at USC and in cincy, i tried to do the research but i couldn't find actual proof, but as a usc fan and watching a pete carrol SC team it look like a wco system. but even if he doesn't it doesn't matter cause no one on our roster has played in a wco system, and with Harbaugh coming in (btw love this pick up cause i have watch him build that stanford team and i know he could do the same in a short period of time with alot less to do) he bring newer type of the WCO system so either way if we get Carson, ( always been a fan of this guys not just because he is from SC since i didn't watch him at SC) i think with a creative oc and our non diva like WR he going to get back to what he was before he was hurt. i think he got more than 2 yr in him so i would be ok 2 to a 3rd round this yr, and i tell you why, if we get to the playoffs next yr and i think we are just a QB away we could have a shot at being in the NFC title and possibly going to the SB game because with him and harbaugh we could make it as a 2nd seat. you might think i am nuts for saying SB, but you look at the team that are playing in this yr championships they have talented Def, and a QB that can make plays when it counts. this what will have, our def is as talented as ever it he could in improve with one or two pieces we could get in the draft or FA, and palmer was one of the best in making plays that counts before his injury and with harbaugh here i don't see how palmer couldn't get fix to be there again.

btw i am not a newbie, i been following this site for yrs and these posts as will, i just don't like to post cause there some ruthless ppl on here, that makes you think the we aren't cheering for the same team, but for rivials

Great first post, I agree with you. All you really need to succeed in the NFL is a good QB and a great defense. Sure, good WRs and RBs help and you need some options for your QB but its the most important position. If we add a few more great players to our D somehow, through draft and FA, and we get a QB like Palmer and put him under a real offensive HC like Harbaugh, we could get a lot farther than we have. We almost made the playoffs in this craptastic division with mediocre QB play and a horrendous head coach. We know we're going to get better coaching, so if we get a better QB we should go pretty far.

We have plenty of options on offense for whoever the QB is, Vernon, Gore, and Crabtree. Plus we have some other young guys who could turn out like DIxon and Morgan. It's not exactly fireworks like the Eagles WR corp or anything, but it's not like the cupboard is bare either. We just need a QB who can hit them and make the opponent fear the pass to make Gore more successful. Our OLine is young and getting better too. So he would have something to work with here. We should do it.

I wouldn't say that the Eagles WR corp is exactly firworks, without vick i don't think there offense they wouldn't they wouldn't had as much big plays, but i agree with you with vernon, gore, crabtree as our core with a young oline and special players like Morgan and ginn, palmer could have a field day every week and Gore can could off with def not staking the box on every down
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Does Cincy run the WCO?

He might not but I can tell you that none of the rookie QB's do and none of the QB's on our roster do.

...and because Kevin Kolb, the better option, would cost us WAY to much...

Carson Palmer TOPS garners a 2nd Round pick.
Originally posted by MoRocka:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by MoRocka:
I believe he played in a WCO system at USC and in cincy, i tried to do the research but i couldn't find actual proof, but as a usc fan and watching a pete carrol SC team it look like a wco system. but even if he doesn't it doesn't matter cause no one on our roster has played in a wco system, and with Harbaugh coming in (btw love this pick up cause i have watch him build that stanford team and i know he could do the same in a short period of time with alot less to do) he bring newer type of the WCO system so either way if we get Carson, ( always been a fan of this guys not just because he is from SC since i didn't watch him at SC) i think with a creative oc and our non diva like WR he going to get back to what he was before he was hurt. i think he got more than 2 yr in him so i would be ok 2 to a 3rd round this yr, and i tell you why, if we get to the playoffs next yr and i think we are just a QB away we could have a shot at being in the NFC title and possibly going to the SB game because with him and harbaugh we could make it as a 2nd seat. you might think i am nuts for saying SB, but you look at the team that are playing in this yr championships they have talented Def, and a QB that can make plays when it counts. this what will have, our def is as talented as ever it he could in improve with one or two pieces we could get in the draft or FA, and palmer was one of the best in making plays that counts before his injury and with harbaugh here i don't see how palmer couldn't get fix to be there again.

btw i am not a newbie, i been following this site for yrs and these posts as will, i just don't like to post cause there some ruthless ppl on here, that makes you think the we aren't cheering for the same team, but for rivials

Great first post, I agree with you. All you really need to succeed in the NFL is a good QB and a great defense. Sure, good WRs and RBs help and you need some options for your QB but its the most important position. If we add a few more great players to our D somehow, through draft and FA, and we get a QB like Palmer and put him under a real offensive HC like Harbaugh, we could get a lot farther than we have. We almost made the playoffs in this craptastic division with mediocre QB play and a horrendous head coach. We know we're going to get better coaching, so if we get a better QB we should go pretty far.

We have plenty of options on offense for whoever the QB is, Vernon, Gore, and Crabtree. Plus we have some other young guys who could turn out like DIxon and Morgan. It's not exactly fireworks like the Eagles WR corp or anything, but it's not like the cupboard is bare either. We just need a QB who can hit them and make the opponent fear the pass to make Gore more successful. Our OLine is young and getting better too. So he would have something to work with here. We should do it.

I wouldn't say that the Eagles WR corp is exactly firworks, without vick i don't think there offense they wouldn't they wouldn't had as much big plays, but i agree with you with vernon, gore, crabtree as our core with a young oline and special players like Morgan and ginn, palmer could have a field day every week and Gore can could off with def not staking the box on every down

I would say it is dude. THey made McNabb look good last year and Vick this year. Vick without them was not a good QB in ATL, and McNabb without em was not very good in Washington. Maclin and DJax both have the speed to get any ball thrown out in front of them.

I don't think Morgan's that good either and Ginn is strictly a return guy IMO because his hands are not very good. I would use him for returns mainly this year. With that said, Morgan and Kyle Williams both have some potential. Not a ton, but some. I think with the Davis/Gore/Crabtree/Morgan group that is more than enough talent for Palmer to work with. Hopefully we can bring back Westbrook too.
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,116
Do it!

I saw him against San Diego this season and he was impressive.

He was drafted in '03 just two years before Smith. He has a career 86.9 QB rating and 62.9 completion % and a decent career 3/2 TD to Int ratio. He's thrown for around 4000yds four times, 3000yds twice out of 7 years.. (the only year he didn't get close to 3000 was when hurt.)

I'd give a 3rd rounder this year and a 4th next year for him. Draft a QB to develop behind Palmer because I wouldn't expect to make the playoffs or be very competitive in the playoffs with a rookie QB.
[ Edited by Jd925 on Jan 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,248
Damn CBA.
I think we have 2 4th rd picks. I would give up one of them for Palmer. Nothing higher though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,248
Quote:
If Carson Palmer is made available, 49ers will have long discussions internally about the possibilities. But no trades can happen until CBA. 2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
I say do it I think one of the other reasons he wants out is that the fans there doesn't support him anymore. He was declining in the past few years but a new place and team will do him some good and might bring him back to the pro bowl form he is before his injuries. We don't have any choice but I have a feeling we have to give our 2nd at the most or at least 1 3rd rd this year and the next but trading for a Qb now comes in a high price since there is not much options out there especially with the CBA.
So what? He's worse than Alex Smith.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
I like the look of him in our Uniform just wondering what would Cincy do at QB without him?
Originally posted by Paul:
I like the look of him in our Uniform just wondering what would Cincy do at QB without him?

Alex Smith
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by Esco:
Carson Palmer isn't a scrub QB. He's only 31 years old and he's had some very good season on a mediocre team. My biggest concern, and likely the reason for his recent decline, is his elbow. He hurt the elbow in 2008 and missed most of the season, but he decided not to have surgery and I that may be the cause of his recent accuracy problems.

This guy isn't over the hill yet and 2010 just may have been a throw away season for a guy who was fed up with his organization. Maybe he his arm is still damaged and he needs surgery. Whatever the reason I wouldn't mind taking a chance on guy who twice lead the Bungles to the playoffs.


I like.

The guy doesn't get sacked alot either so, I think a transition to west coast would be fine. Plus Harbaugh's westcoast is actually pretty close to the current system its a change in wording and I am actually worried about or low IQ guys not at qb....
Originally posted by Paul:
I like the look of him in our Uniform just wondering what would Cincy do at QB without him?

They got the top 5 pick I think so they might go after Newton or Gabbert on their 1st rd.
I really don't trust Carson