There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Carson Palmer reportedly wants out of Cincinnati

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/carson-palmer-wants-out-of-cincinnati/

I wouldn't give up much to get him from the Bengals, but if they would take a 5th rounder or less I wouldn't mind that trade.

Before his injuries (mostly his elbow injury), Palmer was on the verge of becoming one of the elite QB's in the league. I remember discussions of placing him in the top 5 QB's in the league.

What are your thoughts about Palmer?

I think just like Alex, some change of scenery could do him some good.

I definitely like the thought of Palmer more than the thought of Smith or McNabb, but ONLY if we also draft or bring in some young talent to develop. Palmer as a 2-3 year stop gap sounds good.

He's the best option available imo.
  • tac22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
We should definitely try going after him. Let Palmer play 1-2 years as the starter while a rookie sits and learns. That, and maybe a change of scenery would do him good too.

This
Originally posted by ninerbrand:
Originally posted by FGore2121:
absolutely do it.

ive known his wife since we were 6 years old. her family has lived down the street from mine for 25 years. (San Jose)

Met Carson a bunch of times. Really loves the Bay Area and really nice guy. Would love to see him come here.

Pic or it didn't happen

LOL!
Originally posted by WINiner:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/carson-palmer-wants-out-of-cincinnati/

I wouldn't give up much to get him from the Bengals, but if they would take a 5th rounder or less I wouldn't mind that trade.

Before his injuries (mostly his elbow injury), Palmer was on the verge of becoming one of the elite QB's in the league. I remember discussions of placing him in the top 5 QB's in the league.

I definitely like the thought of Palmer more than the thought of Smith or McNabb, but ONLY if we also draft or bring in some young talent to develop. Palmer as a 2-3 year stop gap sounds good.

agreed, only option I would rather see would be Kevin Kolb but only if the asking price came down
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cory4903:

agreed, only option I would rather see would be Kevin Kolb but only if the asking price came down

No way Philly trades Kolb when he's only going to make less than $2M. The only scenerio I can see is if Kolb demands a trade so he can be a starter some where else.
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
In the end doesnt matter what the fans wants if the FO & coaching staff say no then all those that wanted him wont get their wish...if they say yes then it all depends on what they trade for him everyone here seems to say 3rd or 4th but if the niners feel they need to give up a 2nd what will fans do decide Im going to be a faider fan with that Funny looking owner?

No s**t.

And no there are other options

When did I say there were no other options?
someone on the yahoo article commented that he just recently bought a house in california.if its true or not i dont know.if harbaugh wants him he will get him and i will be fine with that.my gut says 3rd round pick but a fourth would be alot better
Does Cincy run the WCO?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by cory4903:

No way Philly trades Kolb when he's only going to make less than $2M. The only scenerio I can see is if Kolb demands a trade so he can be a starter some where else.

lol 2nd stringers don't demand trades
In the end doesnt matter what the fans wants if the FO & coaching staff say no then all those that wanted him wont get their wish...if they say yes then it all depends on what they trade for him everyone here seems to say 3rd or 4th but if the niners feel they need to give up a 2nd what will fans do decide Im going to be a faider fan with that Funny looking owner?

No s**t.

And no there are other options

When did I say there were no other options?

The people on here, although ridiculous, won't die if we don't get Carson Palmer.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Does Cincy run the WCO?

I believe so
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Does Cincy run the WCO?

I believe so

No but he could probably play in it. They run a digit system with I believe Bob Bratkowski as the OC.
I believe he played in a WCO system at USC and in cincy, i tried to do the research but i couldn't find actual proof, but as a usc fan and watching a pete carrol SC team it look like a wco system. but even if he doesn't it doesn't matter cause no one on our roster has played in a wco system, and with Harbaugh coming in (btw love this pick up cause i have watch him build that stanford team and i know he could do the same in a short period of time with alot less to do) he bring newer type of the WCO system so either way if we get Carson, ( always been a fan of this guys not just because he is from SC since i didn't watch him at SC) i think with a creative oc and our non diva like WR he going to get back to what he was before he was hurt. i think he got more than 2 yr in him so i would be ok 2 to a 3rd round this yr, and i tell you why, if we get to the playoffs next yr and i think we are just a QB away we could have a shot at being in the NFC title and possibly going to the SB game because with him and harbaugh we could make it as a 2nd seat. you might think i am nuts for saying SB, but you look at the team that are playing in this yr championships they have talented Def, and a QB that can make plays when it counts. this what will have, our def is as talented as ever it he could in improve with one or two pieces we could get in the draft or FA, and palmer was one of the best in making plays that counts before his injury and with harbaugh here i don't see how palmer couldn't get fix to be there again.

btw i am not a newbie, i been following this site for yrs and these posts as will, i just don't like to post cause there some ruthless ppl on here, that makes you think the we aren't cheering for the same team, but for rivials
Originally posted by MoRocka:
I believe he played in a WCO system at USC and in cincy, i tried to do the research but i couldn't find actual proof, but as a usc fan and watching a pete carrol SC team it look like a wco system. but even if he doesn't it doesn't matter cause no one on our roster has played in a wco system, and with Harbaugh coming in (btw love this pick up cause i have watch him build that stanford team and i know he could do the same in a short period of time with alot less to do) he bring newer type of the WCO system so either way if we get Carson, ( always been a fan of this guys not just because he is from SC since i didn't watch him at SC) i think with a creative oc and our non diva like WR he going to get back to what he was before he was hurt. i think he got more than 2 yr in him so i would be ok 2 to a 3rd round this yr, and i tell you why, if we get to the playoffs next yr and i think we are just a QB away we could have a shot at being in the NFC title and possibly going to the SB game because with him and harbaugh we could make it as a 2nd seat. you might think i am nuts for saying SB, but you look at the team that are playing in this yr championships they have talented Def, and a QB that can make plays when it counts. this what will have, our def is as talented as ever it he could in improve with one or two pieces we could get in the draft or FA, and palmer was one of the best in making plays that counts before his injury and with harbaugh here i don't see how palmer couldn't get fix to be there again.

btw i am not a newbie, i been following this site for yrs and these posts as will, i just don't like to post cause there some ruthless ppl on here, that makes you think the we aren't cheering for the same team, but for rivials

Great first post, I agree with you. All you really need to succeed in the NFL is a good QB and a great defense. Sure, good WRs and RBs help and you need some options for your QB but its the most important position. If we add a few more great players to our D somehow, through draft and FA, and we get a QB like Palmer and put him under a real offensive HC like Harbaugh, we could get a lot farther than we have. We almost made the playoffs in this craptastic division with mediocre QB play and a horrendous head coach. We know we're going to get better coaching, so if we get a better QB we should go pretty far.

We have plenty of options on offense for whoever the QB is, Vernon, Gore, and Crabtree. Plus we have some other young guys who could turn out like DIxon and Morgan. It's not exactly fireworks like the Eagles WR corp or anything, but it's not like the cupboard is bare either. We just need a QB who can hit them and make the opponent fear the pass to make Gore more successful. Our OLine is young and getting better too. So he would have something to work with here. We should do it.
Considering how high are 3rd round pick is and who may be available there, I'm hoping we can get away with a 4th this year and maybe a third next year. But I'm open for it. It is an instant upgrade and buys us 1-3 years while the rookie develops.