There are 235 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Palmer would be perfect stop gap for a guy like Dalton to learn from..
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Threatening retirement to get his way. That almost makes want to say pass.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Threatening retirement to get his way. That almost makes want to say pass.

Ugh,yet some rather have a certain someone that chew out his coaches in the media?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Palmer can't be had for a reasonable price, then I hope we go with Chad Pennington.

Are we going to start playin in a wheelchair league or something? Pennington goes on the DL cause he broke a fingernail...LOL
Originally posted by FGore2121:
absolutely do it.

ive known his wife since we were 6 years old. her family has lived down the street from mine for 25 years. (San Jose)

Met Carson a bunch of times. Really loves the Bay Area and really nice guy. Would love to see him come here.

Pic or it didn't happen
do it
In the end doesnt matter what the fans wants if the FO & coaching staff say no then all those that wanted him wont get their wish...if they say yes then it all depends on what they trade for him everyone here seems to say 3rd or 4th but if the niners feel they need to give up a 2nd what will fans do decide Im going to be a faider fan with that Funny looking owner?
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
In the end doesnt matter what the fans wants if the FO & coaching staff say no then all those that wanted him wont get their wish...if they say yes then it all depends on what they trade for him everyone here seems to say 3rd or 4th but if the niners feel they need to give up a 2nd what will fans do decide Im going to be a faider fan with that Funny looking owner?

No s**t.

And no there are other options
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Carson Palmer isn't a scrub QB. He's only 31 years old and he's had some very good season on a mediocre team. My biggest concern, and likely the reason for his recent decline, is his elbow. He hurt the elbow in 2008 and missed most of the season, but he decided not to have surgery and I that may be the cause of his recent accuracy problems.

This guy isn't over the hill yet and 2010 just may have been a throw away season for a guy who was fed up with his organization. Maybe he his arm is still damaged and he needs surgery. Whatever the reason I wouldn't mind taking a chance on guy who twice lead the Bungles to the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind giving up a mid to late draft pick for him as long as he agrees to restructure his contract. Carson's current contract has him making $11.5 million in 2011, $11.5 in 2012, $13.0 in 2013 and $14.0 in 2014.

Originally posted by IowaNinerFan:
I wouldn't mind giving up a mid to late draft pick for him as long as he agrees to restructure his contract. Carson's current contract has him making $11.5 million in 2011, $11.5 in 2012, $13.0 in 2013 and $14.0 in 2014.

yeah eff that..........that contract is ridiculous, especially since in a year or two he'll be benched in favor of the guy we draft this year, whoever that may be.
Originally posted by Esco:
Carson Palmer isn't a scrub QB. He's only 31 years old and he's had some very good season on a mediocre team. My biggest concern, and likely the reason for his recent decline, is his elbow. He hurt the elbow in 2008 and missed most of the season, but he decided not to have surgery and I that may be the cause of his recent accuracy problems.

This guy isn't over the hill yet and 2010 just may have been a throw away season for a guy who was fed up with his organization. Maybe he his arm is still damaged and he needs surgery. Whatever the reason I wouldn't mind taking a chance on guy who twice lead the Bungles to the playoffs.

I like.
as long as ocho cinco doesnt come with him id be alright with it for the right price.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by IowaNinerFan:

yeah eff that..........that contract is ridiculous, especially since in a year or two he'll be benched in favor of the guy we draft this year, whoever that may be.

We can restructure his contract. Carson will have to restructure, no team will take on that contract
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

If Carson Palmer is made available, 49ers will have long discussions internally about the possibilities. But no trades can happen until CBA.
Share 49ersWebzone