There are 298 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
I realy do not want him in SF

He's seriously no better than Alex.
He had a 82.4 QB rating, Alex had a 82.1 qb rating.
He had TO, Ochocinco, Gresham, Shipler, and Benson around him and he still was a below average QB last year

Cmon 95% of Smiths completions were s**tty and poorly thrown check down throws. His completion % is screwd and so is his rating. Alex was the worst starting veteran QB in the entire NFL in 2010. Thats a fact all Alex supporters need to realize that the kid f**king sucks. Alex Smith is the worst Bust the 49ers everdrafted. More so than Druck or Woods.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Palmer can't be had for a reasonable price, then I hope we go with Chad Pennington.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
I realy do not want him in SF

He's seriously no better than Alex.
He had a 82.4 QB rating, Alex had a 82.1 qb rating.
He had TO, Ochocinco, Gresham, Shipler, and Benson around him and he still was a below average QB last year

All true. Carson achieved his stats against a much tougher schedule.

49ers had a "piece of cake" schedule and still failed.

Palmer also had 26 Tds and almost 4000 yards on a very bad team.
The team was bad because of him.

Have you watched his games? I watched about 4 or 5 of them and he makes the worst decisions I've ever seen a QB make (arguably as bad as Alex :p).

Seriously, unless its for a 4th round pick I do not want him on our team.

Well Kurt Warner look finished around 2002... looked really done with the Giants in 2004 and ends up in Arizona has three really good years and now will probably make the HOF.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Palmer can't be had for a reasonable price, then I hope we go with Chad Pennington.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
ochocinco Chad Ochocinco

by SI_JimTrotter

Carson Palmer demands a trade? Last person demanded a trade in Cincy was crucified by the media n had to win the fans back,how will this go?
What would it take to get him? In guessing a 3rd and a conditional?

I would much rather get Orton for the same price, and maybe even McNabb :/
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

No, my grandmother can throw harder than Pennington. If not Carson, maybe Bulger?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM ]
I wouldn't go out of my way to get Palmer. Signing him to a cheap/short term contract via free agency is the only way I would but that's not going to happen
Chad Pennington?? Marc Bulger?
[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Jan 23, 2011 at 12:05 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran

Its funny how all the people who think that Orton, McNabb, Palmer, and Kolb suck are the same people who think Alex can be a good QB and is the best option for us...
Carson played in AFC North against two of the best defenses ever. In NFC west he might look like a hall of fame QB.
Carson Plamer. If at the right price He's better then anyone here already, or can be.
Chad Pennington. Please no (he'd be injured week 2 anyway )
[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on Jan 23, 2011 at 12:24 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
From reading the Bengals Forums it sounds like their OC is on par with Hostler/Raye
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Id take Palmer, Hassleback, Kolb, Orton or Mcnaab at this point I think Jim can revive their careers especially Carson
Share 49ersWebzone