There are 213 users in the forums

Mooch on NFLN mic'd up...what could have been?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by SY9er8:
one game and you want to fire him...well what do you say about our current sitch?? like mooch isnt better than sing??????

i've never seen Sing give up. Mooch gave up at the end of that first half with 2 min still left on the clock. it was a disgrace.

THIS.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I was watching him too on NFLN and he seemed like a cool coach. The problem was he had no killer instinct and he left a lot of points on the board. Have we forgotten the days of running off the clock when we were at midfield with a minute left before the half, in a close game? I was glad when he was fired, but I didn't realize how long it would take to find a quality replacement...

This Too!
Steve Mariucci was a product of Bill Walsh's and to a lesser extent, George Seifert's structure.

57-39 with the 49ers.
15-28 without.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Mooch was more conservative than Sing.

4th and inches... PUNT
1:30 left in the half and 2 time outs left... KNEEL

exactly....

oh yeah and you're just creaming your jeans over our wonderful Singletary era. 0-4 ooooh how nice least we aren't conservative.

wtf are you talking about? what does this even have to do with Sing? please show me where i said ANYTHING about Sing?

ATTENTION NINER TALK ..........Mooch is not coming back to SF to coach.

It's in the above quote and You agreed with it. I don't have to show you anything its all right there for you to read.

i was asking where i said i'd rather have Sing over Mooch or that i'm happy (creaming my jeans) about us being 0-4. all i was implying was that Mooch is a big p***y. always has been, always will be.

I never got that impression maybe I was too busy watching us score around 30 points each game to notice or care.

Mooch's first game saw the team get upset by Tampa with Steve Young getting concussed and Jerry Rice blowout his knee. Rice was basically done for the year. Young out for the following week. They then went 13-2 and 1-1 in the playoffs. You could say he inherited a great team and he did but when Rice started to go downhill (never the same after his injury) and when Young had an abrupt end to his career (in '99) he still made it work and got to the playoffs several times without them.

Just seems really petty I guess after going through Erickson, Nolan and Singletary to find bad things to say about Mooch. And I realize he's not coming back nor would that be in the best interests of the team his day is done.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
f**k Mooch!

i'll never forgive him for what he did at the end of the first half of the divisional playoff game against Tampa in 2002.

what did he do????

We were down 28-6 to Tampa in the playoffs had plenty of time and all of our timeouts but just took knees to end the half.

lol wow I dont remember that. Then again I was like 11 tho lol
f**k Mooch!

i'll never forgive him for what he did at the end of the first half of the divisional playoff game against Tampa in 2002.

what did he do????

We were down 28-6 to Tampa in the playoffs had plenty of time and all of our timeouts but just took knees to end the half.

Yeah it was completely deflating for the entire team and fans
f**k Mooch!

what did he do????

I can only imagine. I can remember the game, but not what happened in it. just remember getting f**king destroyed after an EPIC comeback win against the Giants
f**k Mooch!

what did he do????

we had zero chance in that game regardless of what Mooch did before halftime, during halftime, or after halftime. The Bucs were winning the SB that year. Period.
f**k Mooch!

what did he do????

we had zero chance in that game regardless of what Mooch did before halftime, during halftime, or after halftime. The Bucs were winning the SB that year. Period.

That's subjective. But even still. If you have ZERO chance, you still put up a fight. You still keep your head high.

If he was retained how do you think the team would have treated him? TO was pretty much out the door and cancerous to the team.

This game alone might have been the reason why he was fired
f**k Mooch!

agreed f**k mooch, i was soo mad when he did that

f**k Mooch!

what did he do????

just like the week before we had zero chance to come back on the giants. The fact is he gave up, it doesnt matter who you play you never give up at half. Which is why he was fired promptly
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
Bummer
all i was saying in this thread is if we kept mooch and jeff this team would have been MUCH better there would be no dark ages....jeff was gamer and mooch might have been conservative but he won and was smart...he didnt sit there during post game news conferences thanking teams for kicking our a$s he didnt walk away from a game not shaking the other coaches hands and he was not as conservative as SING. Im sorry but anybody that would want that corse rather than the one the yorks took is baffling. we havent been to the playoffs since!!! we havent been good since!! and if you watched that show you would see a guy that had fun ...which is What our team needs they are so tight so scared to make mistakes and of course being lead by a man that is all bark NO bite!!

[ Edited by SY9er8 on Oct 8, 2010 at 11:35:51 ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
all i was saying in this thread is if we kept mooch and jeff this team would have been MUCH better there would be no dark ages....jeff was gamer and mooch might have been conservative but he won and was smart...he didnt sit there during post game news conferences thanking teams for kicking our a$s he didnt walk away from a game not shaking the other coaches hands and he was not as conservative as SING. Im sorry but anybody that would want that corse rather than the one the yorks took is baffling. we havent been to the playoffs since!!! we havent been good since!! and if you watched that show you would see a guy that had fun ...which is What our team needs they are so tight so scared to make mistakes and of course being lead by a man that is all bark NO bite!!

why expend the energy thinking about woulda, shoulda, coulda? Terry Donahue was still our GM and he would have found some way to f**k up the team regardless if Mooch had been fired or not. and don't forget, we asked Jeff to take a paycut because we were in Cap Hell at the time. he chose to go elsewhere.

why expend the energy thinking about woulda, shoulda, coulda? Terry Donahue was still our GM and he would have found some way to f**k up the team regardless if Mooch had been fired or not. and don't forget, we asked Jeff to take a paycut because we were in Cap Hell at the time. he chose to go elsewhere.

Yea f**k jeff.
Share 49ersWebzone