There are 199 users in the forums

Mooch on NFLN mic'd up...what could have been?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Watching this show and seeing Steve M coach really makes me upset ..we had a real coach smart, fun, and brought swagger to the niners!! Where do you all think we would be now if we kept mooch?
also watching it made me think..Jeff Garcia should have also been retained.

Mooch and garcia would have brought us many more years of good competive football why are our owners so stupid???
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
f**k Mooch!

i'll never forgive him for what he did at the end of the first half of the divisional playoff game against Tampa in 2002.
Originally posted by boast:
f**k Mooch!

i'll never forgive him for what he did at the end of the first half of the divisional playoff game against Tampa in 2002.

what? stop the bleeding?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by WestCoast:
f**k Mooch!

what? stop the bleeding?

one game and you want to fire him...well what do you say about our current sitch?? like mooch isnt better than sing??????
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SY9er8:
one game and you want to fire him...well what do you say about our current sitch?? like mooch isnt better than sing??????

i've never seen Sing give up. Mooch gave up at the end of that first half with 2 min still left on the clock. it was a disgrace.
Bucs won the Super Bowl that year... that game was one week after one of the great all time 49er wins... the greatest comeback in the history of NFC postseason football over the Giants.

Always like Mooch.. always will.
Mooch was more conservative than Sing.

4th and inches... PUNT
1:30 left in the half and 2 time outs left... KNEEL
Originally posted by FourNine49:

4th and inches... PUNT

Um... he won playoff games. Hello?? Am I missing something here?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

4th and inches... PUNT

exactly....

I was watching him too on NFLN and he seemed like a cool coach. The problem was he had no killer instinct and he left a lot of points on the board. Have we forgotten the days of running off the clock when we were at midfield with a minute left before the half, in a close game? I was glad when he was fired, but I didn't realize how long it would take to find a quality replacement...

4th and inches... PUNT

exactly....

oh yeah and you're just creaming your jeans over our wonderful Singletary era. 0-4 ooooh how nice least we aren't conservative.
Mooch >>> Sing
Garcia >>> Alex
Originally posted by SY9er8:

i've never seen Sing give up. Mooch gave up at the end of that first half with 2 min still left on the clock. it was a disgrace.

Sing quit in Week 1. We punted while down three scores with 10 minutes left when we were at midfield. Sing also turns wins into losses, something I'd argue is even worse than quitting.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I was watching him too on NFLN and he seemed like a cool coach. The problem was he had no killer instinct and he left a lot of points on the board. Have we forgotten the days of running off the clock when we were at midfield with a minute left before the half, in a close game? I was glad when he was fired, but I didn't realize how long it would take to find a quality replacement...

and you still don't cuz we still haven't done so... yet yes it is great that we fired him...

Share 49ersWebzone