LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Why not go after Champ Bailey?!

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's a legitimate #1 defensive back and that's something we haven't had in a long time. He is a great veteran presence for this locker room and organization. This move would give us more stability on defense on all four downs. He's clearly unhappy in Denver and what better way for the front office to say "I want winners and I want to win now!!". Your thoughts?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
he's still alive!?!
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
He's a legitimate #1 defensive back and that's something we haven't had in a long time. He is a great veteran presence for this locker room and organization. This move would give us more stability on defense on all four downs. He's clearly unhappy in Denver and what better way for the front office to say "I want winners and I want to win now!!". Your thoughts?

While he's still a very good corner, he's kind of up there in age. I'm not sure he'd provide much of an upgrade over any of our starting CB's.
"I am disappointed because I want to be here,'' Bailey told Mike Klis of the Denver Post.
He's too old. Not the same player he used to be. I think even the last two pro bowls he made were on name alone...
Past his prime
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
no.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:
no.

C'mon boast, hes still one of the top CB's in the league.

6th round pick....do it.
He'd be the best CB on this team, age and all. I'm sure he would have known to get down too. I still can't believe what a loser Clements is. He owes an apology to the fanbase for being a fool.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
no.

6th round pick....do it.

if he could be had for as little as a 6th, i'd rethink it. i believe you need at least a 3rd to get him and that's not worth it, IMO

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
no.

6th round pick....do it.

if he could be had for as little as a 6th, i'd rethink it. i believe you need at least a 3rd to get him and that's not worth it, IMO

Wow 3rd round pick, I did not see that. I think I'd give up a 5th round pick at the highest, and an extension would have to be worked out.

Shoot I wonder if he'd even come to the Westcoast???
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
no.

6th round pick....do it.

Wow 3rd round pick, I did not see that. I think I'd give up a 5th round pick at the highest, and an extension would have to be worked out.

Shoot I wonder if he'd even come to the Westcoast???

nothing mentions it would take a 3rd to get him. i was just sayin'.
It's funny how no player is ever good enough for us. I'm glad our current roster is so great top to bottom.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
It's funny how no player is ever good enough for us. I'm glad our current roster is so great top to bottom.

exactly. i would consider a 4th .
DO IT JED
Share 49ersWebzone