There are 248 users in the forums

You are Mike Singletary

Shop 49ers game tickets
You have just watched Alex Smith throw his second interception of the first half against the Eagles, with the 49ers tied 7-7. The 49ers only touchdown came from an interception return for a TD. The Eagles have struggled offensively, but they managed to score a touchdown based upon good field position from one of the turn overs. The 49ers offensive line hasn't been playing that great. You go in half time knowing you have to win this game.

What decision(s) will you make in the locker room besides dropping your pants?
We will move forward.
The Question, it doesn't make sense to me... The Question...
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I would have benched him after pick one
I like what I see. Alex is doing a decent job and just needs to continue to work and improve on the growth he had over the off-season.

Ahhh...what the heck am I talking about? I wish we actually signed a decent back-up in the off-season, instead of the QB that moves around like he is in the Matrix.
First of all it depends on who was at fault for the interceptions, if it's anything like Crabtree's through the hands int or just an unlucky tip I think you stay the course.

If they are indeed Alex Smith just staring down receivers or making poor decisions then what needs to be done is the unpredictable. Have a gameplan under your sleeve for this exact situation, where you come out at half like Alex Smith is going to stay under center, then in walks.... Troy Smith. The things that Troy Smith gives us are mobility and improvisation, both of which the Eagles didn't gameplan for and it'd be very unexpected and give us a chance to catch them offguard. If we can have plays scripted for this exact situation it would be even better as we could run the two minute offense and not give the other team any time to adjust.
I'll look @ game film
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
next question
Originally posted by valrod33:
Yes, I agree with your opinion, I ll will follow your posts more closely

for good quality NFL Jerseys use

http://www.ecseller.com/
i pull mike johnson and greg manusky into the office and tell them this is their game i quit.

Take walk around stadium to blow some steam, catch sight of a random lady's hot knockers, then go to a nearby bathroom and fap uncontrollably, cry about it, then go back to the locker room and make everybody do the nutcracker, even Manusky and Johnson (winner gets Rathman, winner of that matchup gets ME)
Tank the second half, and then after the game tell the media that I'm gonna watch game film and then move forward
I will make no decisions. Just continue to watch Niners self-destruct and applaud at anything that happens in the game.
To be honest dude, the question you are asking is...what would SINGLETARY do? The answers are all over this thread. He's a man of faith, so he'll stick with Alex. I don't say that jokingly either, this is his mindset. A person as self-righteous as he is looks for signs, opportunities to build character.

In the mind of a Mike Singletary, this is the kind of adversity he wants his team to face, because he has completely convinced himself that if they can adapt and overcome the mistakes made in the first half, it will make his team that much better and stronger going forward the rest of the season.

That is how Mike Singletary thinks. He is quite literally willing to take as many punches as it takes in the vein hope that it will eventually get the team to rise up and meet their potential. That cross he wears around his neck says it all. This is his trial, this is the ultimate test of his faith.

I appreciate those quality in the average man, but not in the Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers. Singletary has made this thing way to personal. Firing Jimmy Raye was progress, but against his nature. He's going to think about that every day for the rest of his life. I'm sorry, but an NFL Head Coach needs to be a little more cutthroat than that.

Singletary would stick with Smith. Not only would he stick with Smith but he would tell Johnson to dial up even MORE passes in the second half in an attempt to fire Alex up. He wants Smith to start believing in himself, and that's not going to happen unless he gets the chance to start slinging it and find a rhythm.

Now, if you're asking what I would do if I was Singletary in that situation? You stick with Alex. David Carr and/or Troy Smith will lose you that football game faster than Brett Favre in an NFC Championship Overtime.

I'm not saying Alex will do that much better, but like it or not, this is his offense. You have no better alternative, you already screwed yourself there by sending Nate Davis to the practice squad.

You send Alex back out there, you clench your buttcheeks and squeeze, because now, you're REALLY put your faith to the test.
Hmm, if I was Mike I'd probably just look at some game film and do some reps on my quads in my office. Damn it's good to be me (Mike Singletary), I don't really have to do/know s**t and I'm getting paid millions to tell people what to do.
Share 49ersWebzone