LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Chris Carter: "“If I’ve got a gun, I’ve got one bullet in it, I shoot TO"

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Cris Carter Probably Could Have Used Some Better Words In Describing How To Get Rid Of T.O.

As someone who's main job is to insult people, I know there are lines that you just shouldn't cross. One of those would be that you should never wish someone was dead, or imply that you'd kill them (unless of course OJ Simpson is involved in the discussion).

However, Cris Carter doesn't roll that way. No sir. The former Vikings wide receiver who's now a football analyst for the Worldwide Leader gave this cheery response when asked on ESPN radio today about what he would do with TO if he were in charge of the Cowboys:

Quote:
“If I’ve got a gun, I’ve got one bullet in it, I shoot TO right now, right on the spot. I have a press conference, I have him come in, and I put a bullet right there [inaudible] in him.”

Uh, all right then. Considering what's gone on in the past two years in the NFL - Sean Taylor being killed as a result of getting shot during a home invasion, Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the leg, Richard Collier nearly dying from being shot multiple times - this was an exceptionally horrible choice of words.

Now, since this was just a one time miscue by Carter, and everyone makes mistakes, I think I'm willing to forgive him. Oh, wait, this wasn't the only time Carter has done this?

Yes, believe it or not, Carter was also on the radio yesterday, not on ESPN, and said essentially the same thing about TO (courtesy of Black Sports Online).

Good God, Cris. You all right there buddy?

As for TO, get yourself a bodyguard. Immediately.

Link
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 3, 2010 at 8:29 AM ]
what a clown
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Chris Carter f**k you.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
This is a misleading post, Chris Carter said this in 2008 when TO was playing for the Cowboys.
ummmm T.O isn't on the Cowboys any more.

That's probably why that story is dated December 2008????
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'm surprised that Carter saw no repercussions for this. This is the first I heard about it.
OTB.
Share 49ersWebzone