There are 193 users in the forums

Parcells

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'd rather have a Head of Football Ops brought in who has ties to the organization from the past. Like Holmgren before he went to the Browns.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Just came across this article WRT Parcells basically relinquishing control in Miami...which prompted me to think, wow, could we ever use him. He could be GM or whatever title they'd want to give him, but he would bring in a top head coach and GM if he didn't fill that role. Here's the article:

Sure about that ? Who did he bring to Miami...Sparano and Ireland. Sparano had a few years of HC'ing experience int he early 90's at a D2 college but no experience as a head coach in the NFL or even as a co-ordinator (he did handle some play calling duties in Dallas but he wasn't the OC). Ireland had no prior experience as a GM, simply as a scout and VP of scouting.

Parcells would bring in guys he knows and trusts but that doesn't mean they are top head coaches or GM's and there is no guarantee they would turn this team around. With that said I wouldn't be opposed to hiring Parcells.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Just came across this article WRT Parcells basically relinquishing control in Miami...which prompted me to think, wow, could we ever use him. He could be GM or whatever title they'd want to give him, but he would bring in a top head coach and GM if he didn't fill that role. Here's the article:

Sure about that ? Who did he bring to Miami...Sparano and Ireland. Sparano had a few years of HC'ing experience int he early 90's at a D2 college but no experience as a head coach in the NFL or even as a co-ordinator (he did handle some play calling duties in Dallas but he wasn't the OC). Ireland had no prior experience as a GM, simply as a scout and VP of scouting.

Parcells would bring in guys he knows and trusts but that doesn't mean they are top head coaches or GM's and there is no guarantee they would turn this team around. With that said I wouldn't be opposed to hiring Parcells.

I'm surprised Bledsoe isn't playing for Miami.
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
I'd rather have a Head of Football Ops brought in who has ties to the organization from the past. Like Holmgren before he went to the Browns.

we had the opportunity to approach holmgren or shannahan, we screwed the pooch again and again
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I'm surprised Bledsoe isn't playing for Miami.

Chad Henne is Drew Bledsoe v2.8, basically when they edited his attributes they took away from arm strength so that they could give him a little mobility.

Share 49ersWebzone