LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Parcells

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just came across this article WRT Parcells basically relinquishing control in Miami...which prompted me to think, wow, could we ever use him. He could be GM or whatever title they'd want to give him, but he would bring in a top head coach and GM if he didn't fill that role. Here's the article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/09/30/bill.parcells.ap/index.html
I've been calling for a President of Football Opps for years. But our leaders in the front office like to wear too many hats rather than paying multiple people to do one job. In other words they're too cheap to hire one guy on top. We lost Holmgrin when we had a chance, and Cleveland will be a 9 win team within 3 years.

The scariest thought of all is who would want to work for an organization with cheap owners, and known for multiple media leaks from anonymous sources the last 3-4 years.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
maybe he's too old and senile? If he can help us i wouldn't care.
This should be in Niner Talk.
Parcells..YES
Parcells may be 69, but he's very sharp mentally and understands what it takes to win...he'd be a tremendous asset. His role would be to bring in the right head coach and GM (unless he fills that role) and get this organization back on track. Then, he could retire or go to another team. He could give us that jump-start we need so much.
I'm willing to take back everything I said about the Yorks and even forgive the 10 years of incompetent losing football that they're responsible for if they hire someone like Parcells. But I just don't see it happening. They will never go after someone like Parcells. They prefer to have amateurs in the front office. There's no way someone like Parcells would work with people like York Jr., Marathi, or Baalke. He'd want to get rid of them all on the first day.
It sounds like he is getting ready to head back to the NYGs.
Originally posted by redrathman:

got locked
Originally posted by WestCoast:

got locked

My post made more sense when it was actually in Niner Talk.

Originally posted by WestCoast:

got locked

My post made more sense when it was actually in Niner Talk.

lolz
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

WTF did you see what he did to the Cowboys and the Dolphins. He basically rebuild the Dolphins when Saban left its just bunch pile of crap. Look at the dolphins now at least a top 10 team. Parcell knows his sh!t.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

WTF did you see what he did to the Cowboys and the Dolphins. He basically rebuild the Dolphins when Saban left its just bunch pile of crap. Look at the dolphins now at least a top 10 team. Parcell knows his sh!t.

jed should have him on speed dial as soon as he's available
No, Parcells ideologies wouldn't fit with the current organization

you know

winning
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Oct 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
No, Parcells ideologies wouldn't fit with the current organization

you know

winning

Share 49ersWebzone