LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Bill Polian: 18-game schedule done deal

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I love football and love watching any team play against anyone. But, this is just stupid. 18 games? Players already have a hard time staying healthy, now you take out 2 pre-season (which means the starters will have to play in the two remaining pre-season games) and you will add two games to the season.

If NFL is smart, they will at least add another bye-week for the players to recuperate.

Link
Can't stop the greed. If the league thinks they're having trouble filling up stadiums right now, just wait for this debacle to play out. Oh wait, that's right. Goodell plans on outsourcing games to other countries to fix that problem. Great.
MONEY TALKS!
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
so...stat records. the standards will obviously change, but will they only count 16 games worth of stats to go into the record books as an asterisk? fuk you roger
This will be the beginning of the demise of football's dominance in America.

The sport is moving towards becoming watered down crap like the NBA.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Agreed. Too bad it's all about greed.

-9fA
Presidents day will now be a day to recuperate after watching the superbowl
Originally posted by BenQ:
so...stat records. the standards will obviously change, but will they only count 16 games worth of stats to go into the record books as an asterisk? fuk you roger

Why would they only count 16 games worth of stats if the players are playing 18? Do they only count 14 games worth of stats now? No, they count all 16. But the NFL used to have a 14 game season. You do know the NFL has been around since before the 1980's, right?

Number of games, play clock, new rules that help out the passing game - all of these are factors that affect or can potentially affect records getting broken. It's just part of it.
I Love it.

My question is...will there be a new roster size? Like 60 or something?

Also....will the HC's and GM's start to play a lil baseball with the season??? Planned games off for key starters?

Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I doubt the players union will agree to an 18 game season without there being a benefit to the NFL players as well. If the NFL goes to 18 games without the owners having to pay for more players, then the owners win big time. They get their cake and eat it too.

I prefer the 16 game season as well, but I could get used to the 18 game season if teams are allowed to keep more players on the total roster and more players on the active roster. I like the idea of having a dedicated team of special teamers so that your starters don't have to.

Will there be a record set for a team to win 18 games in a row?
I wouldn't mind another 2 Sundays drinking at the bar.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Sunday Ticket better not go up in price or I will cancel that s**t.
Good! 9 regular season home games! Now I won't have to feel as robbed when I have to pay full price for 10 home games (including pre season)
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Just curious, in what way?
Share 49ersWebzone